• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Benelli M2 compared to M1 Super 90

Other than the cryo stuff, recoil reduction andother improvements, do they shoot the same? Does the M2 have the shims to raise/lower point of aim? Is the length of pull the same? My son shot my M1 some this fall and liked it. He may have a M2 under the tree in a few weeks.

Hookmaster,

They are similar in their fit and feel. I shot an m1 for about 13 years and bought an m2 last year. It was a really easy switch and all positive.

It is lighter, kicks maybe a slight bit less, has a thinner for-arm grip (which is a change I like), and breaks down a little differently.

It does offer the same shim set up the M1 has although I've left both at factory settings.

The only difference that took some getting used to was the chokes. They pattern slightly different than the M1 chokes. Still getting dialed in on that. My take is that the 4 star choke is a little more open than the m1's and the 3 star is a little tighter than the m1's but like I said, still not sure on that as I've had some contridicting days shooting with each.

I used to just always shoot my 4 star in my m1 but find myself switching to the 3 star a little more often for geese and ducks with the m2.

You are generous. I gave my old M1 to my daughter and bought the M2 for myself. She did get a new deer rifle the same year though!

Good luck,

ccarlson

Thanks for the information. It is exactly what I was looking for. I like the shims for adjusting point of aim. I did have to change from the factory installed shim on the M1. The M2 is intended to be his, but we'll see which one he shoots better with. At least when I hunt by myself, I'll have another semi-auto as back-up. Currently I use a Nova which is a nice gun too.