• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

White Bass

No white bass action as of yet. The water will still need to get warmer.

With winds 20- 40 mph the last three days coupled with falling temperatures and near record lows, who can predict when fishing will turn-on to the level we all are accustomed to.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

White Bass action has been really good the past few weeks. Actually better then most people think, I don't think they've been so much of a hit and miss this month as most people would say. If your an avid White Bass fisherman you'll find them if you seek. Most fishing reports are concentrated on Walleye and Perch. You can't rely on a source from guides or fisherman who isn't really there to concentrate on fishing for White Bass. After all it's the Walleye that people come to Devil's lake for. But even the Crappie's get left out. Believe it when I say they average a 1lb or more. The ones we caught were in the 1.5lb to 2lb range mostly caught on sandy bottom areas. And yes we caught quite a few let's say like 30 to 40. Time of day is important although I won't be specific because the bite on Devil's lake is always different. There isn't really a hotspot although some people may say so.

White Bass are concentrated in the usual feeding area's and the bite can be slow. But don't spend too much time in one area although waiting the bite out can turn out quite sucessful sometimes.
Check all the hotspots and keep an eye on birds. They tell a story if there flocking around the water. White Bass can be noisy and do alot of splashing when topwater feeding.

Your best bets are Creel bay, Six mile bay and Channel A. The Dike at hwy 57 and 20 hasn't proove a consistent bite this year yet.

Your best lure would be no other then a fathead minnow casting or bobbered. If your getting alot of bites, try a Rapala floating or husky jerk minnow look alike or Worden's Rooster tail spinner. Preferbably white colored. Leave the shad raps and rattle n raps home don't matter the number.

What alot of people don't realize is boaters don't always catch fish and will get beat by shore fisherman if your fishing for White Bass. Keep that in mind.

That about wraps it up for White Bass this month...Good fishing!!!

just a quick thank you to fisherman andy. I've seen him in action and knows of what he speaks. I've had several reports of successful crappie adventures from those who target them. Perhaps that fishery will expand if it is targeted. I love to fish white bass from time to time (they taste great smoked). As Andy says, top water minnows are usually best. Sometimes you can see them flipping on the surface and if you follow them well can get a hit nearly every cast. As he says don't bother with diving crankbaits, they usually pass under these top water feeders.

just a quick thank you to fisherman andy. I've seen him in action and knows of what he speaks. I've had several reports of successful crappie adventures from those who target them. Perhaps that fishery will expand if it is targeted. I love to fish white bass from time to time (they taste great smoked). As Andy says, top water minnows are usually best. Sometimes you can see them flipping on the surface and if you follow them well can get a hit nearly every cast. As he says don't bother with diving crankbaits, they usually pass under these top water feeders.

------------------
SpiritWaterSteve
The Spirit Water Inn
Box 68
Minnewaukan, ND 58351
Reservations Toll Free: (877) 305-1528