• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter 2010 Icefishing Reports and Ramblings

Amanda has to dance Saturday afternoon. I'll be spooling rods and organizing tackle all day Saturday, hoping to prep for a trip east. grin

North Shore - Greg I have that unit going east unless you call me by Saturday night... Let me know..

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank and I just got back from an afternoon on the ice, and not much ice at that. He measured a 2.5, i'll call it 3 eek It wasnt cracking or popping but she was sagging a bit. Prety much non stop catching on 6 to 7 and a half ich gills with some around 8. I did wack 6 crappies also. Nothing to write home about but it was nice to soak a few fish towels and test some jigs n plastics whistle

Tim we are heading out in the am will let you know how we make out and hope to get some good pics . load the units up deal is all set . will let u know on ice conditions will call you in the am or call me . good luck boys and be safe

Snapped this nice photo the other morning when it was -1 out

DSC00394.jpg

Finally found some time to get out on the ice today ended up catching a few nice fish for the first trip of the season. Fished 7:30-12:30 caught around 35 perch most were 3-7" only 3 were 10-11", 7 gills 8-9 1/2" and this guy @ 12"

DSC003992.jpg

also lost a few which I probably wouldn't have lost if I had purchased one of those Quiverstick Ice Rods @ the show smile

also anyone have a used flasher they are looking to sell?

King I have seen that pic before on my phone maybe..

Hey I want to thank everyone for calling in there reports while fishing or checking ice today. You know it's o.k. to post your findings. Sounds like the smaller lakes a re gaining. Tyler is excited about our trip out east tomorrow morning. Ice is better east from the reports I have gotten here, nice black ice too. Got some Vassil basa sliced and bagged, cheese tray, red bull, Voltage, apple pies can't wait for my first trip out on top. Sorry I can't spread the wealth guys only room for two vehicles with the restrictions.

Lee how was E-Banks? Freddy was on B.B. on 3" but it was a stroke.

Tim did you fish all day and take a break for lunch? Same lake? Need a lake for Monday if your interested.

We just need a couple more inches of ice to really start rock and rolling into the season.

Good luck tomorrow guys just wanted to let youy know that the cell coverage where were fishing is not good at all so I will have my phone off. Be safe talk at ya tomorrow.

Tim did you fish all day and take a break for lunch? Same lake? Need a lake for Monday if your interested.

Timmy read smile it says what times I fished smile yes same lake Someone turned the switch from on to off so I got the hell out of there. My fishing partner today didn't catch a single keeper. I rubbed it in how tasty those little buggers were tonight for dinner smile. I might have something for Monday I really need to work but i guess I could maybe take another day off whistle we will see. I will let you know what I find out tomorrow.

Well I'll try to keep it tighter lipped on the reports and take a lot of downward angled shots like these from today. Really slow and very finicky Mr. Happy was today. I don't think anybody caught more than 4 crappies ea. Great fishing the morning with Bud and Tyler and it was a pleasure to meet Bruce.

Jay your Kielbasa was a big hit and it went fast. smile

The boys wanted to fish another lake because the action died off quick but the other lake those guys fished the ice went from the 6" of black on lake #1 to what Todd described as a bit over 2.5" of black on lake #2. So the ENY gang stayed on Lake #2 and we headed home. Wind was whipping good all morning and the wind chill made hole hopping near impossible.

White Maki's MMMmmmmm...

tripeast002.jpg

tripeast003.jpg

Nice Crappies guys

Made it out from 2pm-5pm ended up with about 50 perch from 5-9" and 23 Keepers from 9-12" here's one of the nicer ones caught this afternoon. It was chilly out and windy. I brought the shanty but never set it up since the fishing was so fast and furious smileDSC00402.jpg

Hooooray - finally have a working computer after about 3 months of sheer aggravation. CNY congrats on some nice specs, white maki did you say? King I see you're up to your old tricks once again. Impressive yellow right there. Twenty three keepers is a banner day. Looking forward to icing some fish with both of you this year.

Tank and I checked out a new lake today and she should be ready in a day or two. Then we went up the pond for about 45 minutes. The fish were super picky but we picked a few. Tank got two in that 10 inch class... Picts dont do them justice, they have that neat irridecent purple on thier sides...

014xg.jpg

That's what I'm talking about boys, cranking it up and cranking it up right. Nice perch there King, great report... That video was sweet Jay.. Of course Dad looks like it's just another day at the office and then he smiled and ruined it. laugh

See you guys at the diner 6-6:30 a.m... Todd were hitting the usual if you come down late. Let's hope for some lovely breakfast scenerey winkgrin Right Dave cool I'm gonna call Tuzzy, he's off and I want to see what he's doing. I'll call ya Doug..

Chris you can have your hopper back it's cool. You did put a bug in Jon's ear and I think if we had a bit more time .. I can always bother you for it again when I do an instore. I think I also have an extra set of LX-5 Gimbal pivot hardware if someone is missing anything..

Have fun at work guys... cry