• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

? for Kevin

Kevin,
I was wondering where you do most of your guiding at? Is it on the Minnewauken Flats or all over the lake? Also do you know if Haley's hump is accessible right now or are the pressure ridges not allowing people to get there? Two weekends ago I was on Bird Island and in Wolfords bay area, but was only able to pick up a few walleye. Would you suggest starting in a different area this coming weekend. Thanks for the help.
To Rick:
I am glad to see Devils Lake on the fishing minnesota page. Being a former MN resident I fished Red Lake quite a bit last year and the forums were nice to have. I like the fishingminnesota format so having Devils Lake on here is a big plus for me.

Woods

I haven't been fish for walleyes at all this year. The flats are dead for eyes. No one in any number is fishing there. It is real handy for me but... I fish the flats or the west bay during the open water period.

I fished for perch in the towers area last weekend and it was tough, a lot of smaller fish. But I think I did better than most. Bird was OK for perch until about last week. It was the big cold front moving in that shut them down. One day I drilled a dozen holes marked one single fish in 3 and decided to go home.

I fish for perch mainly in the main bay and black tiger. 40 foot in the main bay and 36 or so BT has been good so far. It depends.

I 'm going back to my usual spots. The fish are there, it's the fisherman job to get them to bite. Prior to the cold snap the fish were hitting in all the usual places for this time of year. It just take moving and luck to get on top of biters. If you don't get a riser in 5 minutes move. It doesn't have to be far, one hundred feet or so. And by all means fish slow and within the bottom 8 inches.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND