• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Lake?

I am possibly planning on taking a trip down to Missouri to do some bass fishing this spring and was looking for opinions on what lake people would choose to go to. I am looking for What lake has the best numbers and what lake has the best size. I have fished Table Rock in the past and I am just looking to widen my horizons. Any input is appreciated.

Table Rock, Lake of the Ozarks, Stockton, Pomme de Terre, they're all good. If you hit it when they're on the bed.

I'll make a suggestion to ya tho. Come down in the winter and spoon for kentucky bass on Table Rock. Lot of fun and a lot of fish!!!

Truman can be good from what folks have told me. Never fished it much, and now I never do. Heard good things about it. I know it's a real good crappie lake. Wish I could offer more help to you.

Have you tried ozarkanglers.com? There is usually some pretty good info on there.

I'm mainly on Stockton lake chasing walleyes. Do get a pretty nice bass now and then.

What month are you coming down?

All of those lakes above are good but if I was you I would try Bull Shoals there you have a good chance and some big smallmouths as well largemths and there are some really big walleye’s and crappies in shoals as well. You will also be a stone throw away from white river which is one of the best places in the world to catch some montster brown trout on full size raps.

I know this thread is old but I am coming down April 1 2011. I plan on being in Sunrise Beach by 10:00 a.m. for some minor tweeks on the boat and then spend Friday and Saturday fishing walleye and bass. Right now the plan is Stockton, also planning to tent camp....I mostly fish Minnesota...any tips on Stockton for this quick trip?