• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kevin, Will Sunday be good?

Kevin,
Thanks for the great updates on ice and fishing conditions. I was wondering if anything will be fishable through the ice by Sunday, December 23rd. Would you be willing to give me an estimate of what parts of the lake are okay? I'd appreciate it. (More than likely, I'll be on foot.) Is it safe to fish in the trees for eyes or is it a little iffy?

The ice should be good enough for foot or ATV's on the Minnewaukan end or in the smaller bays like Black Tiger. I took a drive around the main bay and that ice is scary. If it stays below 32 it will get better. When you get to town, check at the baitshops to get a better report on an area you might want to try. I am going to be out of the area for a couple of weeks so I'll have to check back before I write any reports.

I don't know of any topographic maps of Devils Lake for fishing purposes. There are a couple of maps of photos of the lake with names of points, bays etc. available in town but they won't have elevations.

You could request Quadrangle maps from the USGS. Check out the USGS (United States Geographical Service)on the net. You should be able to download small portions of a quad map at a time.

There is not a lot of relief on DL. Almost every point with any significance has a name. The name will vary depending on who you talk to sometimes. A lot of structure is only 5 years old.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

[This message has been edited by kevin neve (edited 12-19-2001).]