• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question For Kevin Neve

Hoovey

The perch bite in my opinion was overall a tie between the Main Bay and the East Bay. Black Tiger and Haybale had bites going at different times as did Cactus, Highway 57 and Military Point etc on the Main Bay. It depended on how much time you fished an area. I fished the Main Bay the most. I found a school that stayed in one spot for three weeks that made small daily mivements up and down 4 foot structure 40 feet deep.

I might have caught my biggest perch in the Minnewaukan area while fishing for eyes. Stump Lake got hot for a brief period.

As far as the farthest east bay on the east side of the Woods/Rutan road I didn't hear much but that doesn't mean anything. Maybe those guys are more tight lipped.

Perch fisherman are maniacal about crowding each other on the "hot spots". Most of us are a week to late. In general, stay away from the biggest crowds, be mobile and make moves on the structure. Fine tune your location and presentation when you mark "risers".

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

Hoovey - A little more...

Some real nice walleyes, 4 plus pounds were caught on the Main bay 40 foot deep in January. It was too bad that they were so deep. They were caught will perch fishing when that bite was tougher.

We caught walleyes all winter on the Minnewaukan Flats on humps and ridges. Like I said in my last post, the perch I caught there were huge.