• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter weather reports 2009/2010

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 to 10 inches more of heavy wet snow today and the wind is cranking up good right now.It took me 1hr to get home from work when it only takes 25 minutes crazy.40 minutes to snow blow the driveway when it usually takes 15 minutes thats even crazyer.

I here ya DC Im ready to try that orvis rod out wink. I will have to practice up on some creek chubs there is alot of rust to get rid of after 25yrs of not useing a fly rod eek.It looks like I got about 4 more inches of new snow overnight hard to tell with the wind blowing 25* this morning

We didnt have to worry about wind here this morning, but we picked up a solid 10" of packy chunk stuff since 3 p.m. yesterday afternoon til this morning. Jay just sent me a pic of what his snowblower looked like with a big stack of snow in front of it mad It wasn't pretty cry. I would say overall about 15" of this storm was the total here in Rome. The lakes are screwed, get the roof rakes out and get-r-dun. Started removing snow at 4:10 a.m. and finished around 9:30.. Yeah I am a bit sore, thank you Mr. Plowman whistlelaugh

I am guessing a good 15 in around our house. The most I can remember in a couple years. Glad I got out tues. Made some fried trout for lunch yesterday and fish cakes for supper last night. I know it will be next week somtime before I can think about going out.

I have about 15 inches total here it has squated down quite a bit every thing underneath is water.The ride to work sucked my road didn't get plowed until after I went to work and alot of the roads were the same way about 10 to 12 inches of snow in the road thank god for 4wd grin.

SSSSHHHHHHHH, I want to try and get at least 2 more weekends in. I'm fishing tonight and tomorrow night after work and I hope to be able to hit the sweet spot this weekend. I'm hearing good reports of big perch being caught in the shallows, looks like they are gettting ready for the spawn. If we get this rain on Thursday and Friday like they say it might be all it takes to get those walleyes in the creeks before the season closes. I rememeber a few years ago it happened and you could catch them on almost every cast.... LOL smile

Saturdays weather, Yuck!

Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 50. Breezy, with a east wind between 15 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible

Frost this morning on the windows... Lost a piece of aluminum wrap off the house underneath the south side of the newer roof this weekend about 8' long. Man was that wind whipping, flurries at times yesterday had me barbecuing in a winter jacket. crazy