• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing

It's been some great fishing and some great weather lately! We did have a couple of rainy days - but nothing us serious fishers couldn't handle. Summer is definitely here! The sun is beating down pretty hard some days, so you might want to bring some sunscreen is you haven't been out much yet this year. The best part of the weather is that the wind has died down quite a bit from the 30mph stuff we were getting every day there for awhile!

This week I've been out on the main lake a couple of times. The Northern were hitting like crazy. We seemed to have the best luck with smelt and herring for them. Walleyes have been a little slower this week, but we were still finding them. It didn't seem to matter much where we went at all, we did always find the Northern and Pike. We were also trying minnows, leaches, and crawlers.

I have heard that the shore fishing has been equally as good. I might go try that out this afternoon. The bridges and coulees on Hwys. 281 & 19 are some great places to find the fish. Most days the roads are just packed with vehicles of people out fishing these areas.

Well, I've got to get going and enjoy some of this day. It is beautiful outside!