• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do i turn them in?

I have some very close friends that live in North Dakota and they were telling me how they were with some friends and they ended up shooting a limit of about 120 ducks. So i proceeded to ask "what do you guys do with 120 ducks???" Then my friend said that a bunch of them are laying in the ditch by where they hunt. Now once he said that, it lit a fire under my butt. I'm one of those guys that only shoots what i can eat. I didn't say anything, but i was really [PoorWordUsage] off.

The only problem i have is i have no proof that they threw them in the ditch. I want to turn them in but i can't prove they did anything wrong without knowing where they dumped them. I wouldn't hesitate to turn them in if i found them but i guess i can't do anything without proof. What do you guys think?

I would not hesitate to call the local CO in that area and tell them to keep an eye out for this group of hunters. Even if you don't have proof of them dumping the birds the co will keep an eye out and will most likely check them regularly. That's just slob hunting and they should be fined and loose there hunting privileges. Hearing stuff like that just makes my blood boil. If i ever had a so called friend do something like that lets just say they would have to worry about more then just the co.

I would not look at it as "ratting them out" however protecting your ability to hunt and make the correct choices. While I do not know what the limit of birds is in ND, 120 sounds like a lot for a group of people to hunt. It is the whole reason the "greenies" will get the upper hand and eliminate hunting for all of us. I would call DNR, and do as others have suggested, let them deal with it. It just makes me sour thinking that people can and will do such things just to kill. I am all for hunting but when it comes to waste, someone needs to pay .

king, tough spot and like others have said probably not real friends. I hope at least that you voiced you're anger and disgust with this person. I would at least warn him that you don't want to hear another story from him like this and also let the wardens know. A person who displays this kind of character in the field is probably not much different in his dealings with people. my two cents.

wow good friend....turn your own buddies in....id never even think of it. everyone seems to want to be law enforcement i say more people need to mind their own business. if they do illegal things enough they will get whats coming without someone having to rat on them.

WOW Did you really just say that. sick

In my eye they are no different than a thief. would you call in on your "buddy" if he stole your neighbors motor or robbed a store? They are stealing from the rest of us who follow the law, would not consider taking more than what is allowed, and if nothing else being stewards of the land. As i said in my other post, i would not think twice about as one stated "ratting them out"!

i dont even hunt and this angers me. Its just like walking late ice and seeing all the fish frozen in the ice. Why? people like this deserve to be ratted on. I'm all about sticking up for your buddies. but they sound like a holes with a light trigger finger not hunters. call the co.

I've been in a tough situation similar to this only instead of my friend breaking the law he simply insisted that we did not report a group that was breaking the law. I ended up calling despite his objections and I feel I made the right decision...we don't talk much anymore and I think that's for the best. Make the call, don't get involved with these people socially and let law and order take it's course.

Catchphotofilet...i'm somewhat with you...though you should "mind" if someone is breaking the law. I know this is a hunting and fishing forum but how many of you that said they'd turn in their friends (close friends I mind you) would turn them in if they broke the law outside hunting and fishing, say hitting a parked car, cheating on thier taxes, stealing cable and so on. Don't get me wrong I'd be [PoorWordUsage] off as HECK and would Definetly tell them using strong profanity what they did was horrible and they don't deserve to hunt and YES-they should bring themselves in (though they won't), make it sound like you'll bring the lords rath upon them the next time and hopefully you can straighten them out. Hopefully this isn't a chronic thing then yes...something needs to be done. I hate people that break the laws and when its a close friend it makes it worse...see what you can do personally before bringing in the law and losing some close friends...GOOD LUCK

I'd make sure the story is even true. Do they have a proven track record of success in shooting birds.

I have had friends like that who have made comments like that.

When push came to shove, they rarely made it out of to the field because the bar was too fun the night before. They would just make up stories like this as a kicker. Find the weak link in the chain (the guy that likes to tell the truth) and low and behold the limits turn out to be a couple ducks jump shot.

Fun guys, just not the friends I would hang out with during hunting season.

wow good friend....turn your own buddies in....id never even think of it. everyone seems to want to be law enforcement i say more people need to mind their own business. if they do illegal things enough they will get whats coming without someone having to rat on them.

And we wonder why there's such a baiting and poaching problem going on? For a gross overlimit and wanton waste like this, I would turn in my own mother.