• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004-2005 Season I.C.E. Series

Here are the ICE Series locations and dates DNR permits have been applied for.

Jan 8th - Winnie - Denny's Resort

Jan 22nd - Medicine Lake - Harty's Boatworks and Baitshop

Jan 29th- Burntside Bash

Feb 5th - Minnetonka - Spring Park Bay Public Access

Feb 12th - Rush Lake - CJ's on Rush

March 19th - Rainy Lake - Woody's

Who is going to be joining us at some or all of these events?

I know you guys will keep us updated as events near.

LOW last year was an awesome time, other than the freezing rain and slick roads. I never wanted to get off of the highway and onto a frozen lake so much in my life.

You can count me in for most of them. 3 weekends in a row might be tough to make but I'll give it a shot.

Rainy Lake, Winni, Burntside (Never caught a laker before, this should be good) for sure. Rush, Medicine, Tonka... we'll have to see how things work out.

I'll be at all of them. I'm really looking forward to another great year with the ICE series!

Winnie - last year at Winnie the jumbo perch fishing was some of the best I've ever seen and the walleye fishing was pretty decent too mixed in with the perch...

Mille Lacs - there were at least 2 big walleyes caught on this one.. one guy had a 28" I think it was or just under and my dad had a 27.5". Some huge jumbos came in by the winners..

Burntside Bash - didn't make it last year, but big lakers through the ice sounds like a real blast. Looking forward to it!

Minnetonka - great crappie and pike fishing on this lake... It also is an awesome walleye lake if you can find them... We will have to get together after the event on this one - the walleye and crappie fishing really turns on in the evening on this lake. I expect plenty of pike, bluegill, and crappie to keep people occupied all day though.

Rush Lake - we had our LETS tourney this summer on Rush and the fishing was fantastic. Huge bluegills, crappie, walleye, pike, bass, etc. There should be a good variety of quality fish on this one.

Rainy Lake - we didn't fish this one last year, but Rainy pretty much speaks for itself. This will be a great one for the late season with the late walleye season.

The Burntside Bash is on Burntside lake just north of Ely.Lake trout is the fish were after on this event.They are blast to catch through the ice,heck they are a blast just to watch on your sonar.The shoot up and then go down,jig your rod tip a little and they shoot right back then smack you.One of the best fights through the ice I have had.A little adrenaline is rushing as I type. smile.gif

Rush Lake is just off of 35 north of Forest Lake. Its about an hour and a half south of Duluth, give or take. So about an hour or so north of Minneapolis...

Rush is an excellent multi-species lake. I rank it up there as one of the best in the "metro area" (well, almost metro smile.gif).

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Guided Ice Fishing and More...

Remember, there is not a huge payout, actually no payout for fish weights. Trophies only will be awarded, so if you want to keep a 29" er for a trophy, it's up to you.

Ice Leaders ICE Series is about getting together, learning and having fun on the ice. Look for more information soon regarding this years sponsors and prizes.

See ya there!!

Last years biggest on Burntside was 12.4. THERE ARE 25# LAKERS LUKING! Burntside tends to be a sleeper during open water but watch out come ice time! Dennis is right. Pound for pound, an incredible fighting fish and on one of the most beautiful lakes outside the BW. Lots of lodging in town and good places to eat. The event is Sat the 29th but we tend to stretch the weekend out if you know what I mean. grin.gif

------------------
chunky

It sounds like I'll be fishing the Winnie one for sure and possibly the Burntside Bash. Hey Steve, maybe you and BD110 should make a trip or two up before hand and we can do some prefishing? I know Tom's planning on Winnie and Burntside. Let me know!

Brian

Hey Steve,

You're a brave soul if you wanna sleep in my pop up camper in January in northern MN!!! I've got it winterized and put away for the winter. There are 2 hotels in Deer River though, in case people are wondering about lodging and Deer River is only 20-30 minutes from Denny's Resort. Bahr's Motel, rooms about $30 a room, if yer just looking for a place to stay it's OK, barely. The new one in town is White Oak Inn. They've got a pool, hot tub, sauna and rooms are in the $70-$80 price range I believe. We've got The Bait Shop and Fred's Bait in town, so no problems on bait. Steve, talk to Tom and try to make a trip up before the ICE series event and let's do some perch and walleye fishing on Winnie.

Brian