• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 Metro Lake Nominations

Here are the lakes I have for 2005 - please email me if I've missed any or you think of any others. We will vote this Saturday at Waconia. If anyone wants to add anything regarding any of the lakes, please feel free to do so here...
2005MetroLakes.jpg

Whoa!
I don't want to step on people's toes, but some of these areas are WAY out of the Metro. I can understand Red Wing because we can start early, but I thought that next year's lakes would be changed to <30 miles from MLPS. Dan, Is this a list of suggestions or the current voting ballot?

[This message has been edited by Chris-Neises (edited 09-09-2004).]

How many lakes/events are we voting for? Must we select at least one from each corner of the metro? Would the St. Croix qualify as an alternative to Pool 4 for the SE? If so, I'd like to add that to the ballot. I personally don't much care for the Pool 4 event. There was some discussion about having less than 6 events next year.

------------------
Woody

The # of events for next year won't be decided until later as we are trying to make all the leagues as much the same as possible and avoid conflicting dates (between South, Metro, and Statewide). For those that wish to fish more events next year, the option will be to fish the other league tournaments (dates will be scheduled to do so next season).

For voting purposes, all that I'm trying to get is the top X number of lakes and rank them. Once travel time, # of events, regions, etc. are decided upon by league officers, we will have the ranked list to go from. If the majority of the people vote for some of the lakes 90 miles out, it makes the decision easier to keep those in again for next year. For this season, we allowed 2 of the 6 to be within 90 miles of Minneapolis. The other 4 were all within 60 miles of Minneapolis. Some of those lakes provided outstanding fishing and some record weights. If people want lakes close - they will vote for those lakes which are close, so that is why I'd like to keep it open for voting at this time.

For this past season we had a rule that we needed at least one lake from each region (SE,SW,NW,NE). That is another rule that is being looked into for next season. There will be some type of structure regarding lakes by region, so that we don't end up with all Chisago area lakes, or all Annandale lakes, etc. We may not require the SE lakes if there is no interest in that event (biggest advantage is it gives us an early event before the season opener).

I'll add St. Croix for SE. We will be picking 4 lakes (any area).

St. Croix bass opener isn't until regular bass opener, so there wouldn't be any advantage having that one first. If Pool 4 comes up again, that could be worked in as an early event before opener again but wouldn't have to be.

Mille Lacs was on the list last year, Cove Bay falls within the 90 mile distance requirement from Minneapolis (it was right at or just under 90).