• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waconia prefishing

I was fortunate enough to get out on Waconia this morning, and saw some hug fish. It should be a good event. We brought up at least five muskies. Boated two...Biggest one was 46 inches. We caught a sunfish while walleye fishing and a BIG Pike came and lached on right next to the boat. Gave a good fight until he let go of the sunfish. Must have been 48+. Bass were slow. We did get two other walleyes of cemetary reef. See you all next week.
Mike Oneill

The fishing report sounds encouraging. We've got a strong group of fishermen this year and we've seen a lot of good fish taken during the tournaments. We haven't seen a legal muskie taken this year or last, but maybe we will next week. Dan and I plan to prefish on Monday. We'll see what we can find.

Everyone needs to be aware that there are special regulations in effect on Waconia. The minimum length for Walleyes is 16". Everything else is the normal LETS and statewide inland water rules. I'll print out a couple copies if anyone wants them for the tournament. Steve

------------------
Woody

Yea that wind was pretty bad yesterday... We almost had a kite surfer in the boat with us... They shouldn't be allowed by the boat landing - we had a tough time even getting back to the ramp through all the kite and wind surfers...

We did okay on bass, but not much else.. We did see a nice muskie - in the 40-45" class... Are you talking about where we saw you guys? We aren't planning on fishing that spot, I'm assuming you guys will be... I'll email ya..

It was a little breezy on Monday.

I think the kite surfers were going faster than I was.

Lance and I found a few quality fish but the weather conditions made boat control a bit tricky.

Dan......how did you and your dad do?? You guys sure spent a lot of time at that one spot!

Chris/Matt,
You guys have mail with detailed GPS coordinates to our spot and most importantly Lance and John's spot... Just kidding of course smile.gif

I don't feel lucky enough to hook a muskie during tourney hours that will go 40", but I think somebody might just do it this year.. They seem to be active right now.

I'm just trying to figure out what to fish on this one... walleye, bass, pike, muskie, crappie, bluegill... hmmmm... too many choices...

Chris...LOL grin.gif ...me too Dan smile.gif

Anyone see any nice walleyes out there prefishing? I won't make it out prefishing at all either, I'm stuck to staring at a lake map smile.gif

I think we'll see some nice weights brought in though by everyone.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

Was out again today.All I can say is there is no place to hide when that wind picks up.Chris/Matt I sent you an email where we are catching all the muskies.lol

We'll see ya on Sat and good luck to all the teams.

Seems someone found the muskies.... That was a nice fish. We had a couple others hooked including a 45+ that hit right by the boat.
I had a 14 LB pike hit a buzzbait right away in the morning and a muskie five casts later.
Good luck everyone.
Mike ONeill

Nice fish Brian - how big?

25 pts. for a legal muskie, not 15... sounds like we are in for a muskie tourney... Just hope the wind stays down to keep the surfers away!

25 pts. = 25 lbs. for the event

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 09-10-2004).]

That a boy Brian!! grin.gif Now thats what I like to see smile.gif I'll be back in the cities in about 3 hours...

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

Caught one Monday that was legal and had another follow yesterday that looked bigger.

Unfortunately it is the windy conditions that have been producing the muskies the last two weeks on Waconia.

Tomorrow, winds at 5-8 after a front tonight.

Chances are these fish are going to move between yesterday and tomorrow.

You guys should all just forget about the muskies. Get your sunnies and call it a day.

That pic was only a 39 incher, But fun. Mike it was good to see you.

Had a bigger one hit just before the boat, Missed, I do the figure 8 and she hits again very brief battle and gone, That one was 45 plus.

See you all in the morning.

------------------
Brian Rogers

Iceleaders
JR's Tackle

[email protected]

I will maybe have to snatch the neighbors little ankle biter dog for bait tomorrow if he doesn't stop barking...That little white furry &*%$# doing the doggie paddle over 10 feet of water just might be what I need to put us in the winners circle tomorrow.