• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro LETS - Mississippi River (Anoka)

I'd say most of the really rocky areas are around the 2-3 mile mark above 169, but I didn't get the mileage. The first mile or two are pretty good. One is near that fishing pier on the right, the other in that same general area I think.

See Dan's message above. My guess we will probably vote on it come Sunday.

My vote would be to skip and weigh in at 4:00 as normal. Or we can make it at 3:00 to keep it the 8 hours of fishing time

[This message has been edited by taxmancommeth (edited 08-25-2004).]

I really don't see why we would really want to change the weigh-ins for this event. We havn't all year. There is not much drive time from either end. The park is in a near perfect location. Plus if we did we would need to be more lax on the dead fish rule. Some boats have much bigger/better livewells than others.

[This message has been edited by Chris-Neises (edited 08-25-2004).]

I was thinking more in terms of less risk of damage to boats. One trip up and down the rocks vs. 2 trips up and down for those going up river (to get back for the 11 weigh-in).

The weigh-in site looks great and is a nice central location. Just thinking more of those going up river. I don't want people damaging their boats rushing to get back to 2 weigh-ins.

I would have to agree with Dan, the weigh in park looks good. If we do skip the 11 am weigh in, could we weigh in @ 3 (instead of 4) and then have a BBQ & beverages afterwards if folks want to stick around? Anyone know if there are grills there?

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

A BBQ sounds good smile.gif My parents live about 10 minutes from the access at Mississippi Point and I'd be willing to host a BBQ for whoever is interested? ... Von Hanson brats... grin.gif Honestly, if this is something people are interested we can head to my parents place, anyone interested?

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

Some teams, including us, may be bringing a different/less-valuable boat to get an advantage upriver. This may seem unfair to some that don't have that option....so because of the advantage of the different boat, I am not going to complain either way on the weigh in.....

We have caught plenty of fish below the 169 bridge the two times we've been out there and last night had several 2+ smallies downriver.

as long as it isn't that River-pro... Dennis wouldn't part with his boat now would he smile.gif

Everything will be kept as normal. There are some people with livewell concerns and I don't want to see any dead fish.

6:45 a.m. - Check-in at Peninsula Point Park
11 a.m. weigh-in at Peninsula Point Park
4 p.m. weigh-in at Peninsula Point park

As far as I know he's never loaned out his boat to anybody.

I have spent a good deal of time behind the wheel of that rig, but I think Dennis would have to be a little nuts to loan that thing to me when there's rocks and boulders to be hit.

Even Dennis, the expert driver, was bumping rocks in the RP when I went to prefish with him.....

I guess he and Matt Johnson hit some rocks pretty hard as well.

[This message has been edited by wastewaterguru (edited 08-27-2004).]

Those weren't rocks...they were boulders grin.gif ... Actually, Dennis is a very good driver and knows how to run that RiverPro, its one nice boat thats for sure!

Ron (rtwills), who makes the decals for FM will be at the BBQ on sunday and will bring some decals if anyone is interested in looking at them or if you want one you can get it there too...

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever