• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Important info on Zumbro - S. Mn LETS

CM

Yup - at home! But then I'm about 40 miles
away from the lake, so it's almost like driving to work - well - driving anyway. wink.gif

Since you're the only one so far whose asked, I guess if I was you, I'd pick a spot, and let the others follow....

UG

It's still up in the air. I will know Monday at the latest.

Is any one else sick of Pop Up.? Ooooops!

[This message has been edited by Red_Ball (edited 08-10-2004).]

I am not going to camp, either leaving early, early Saturday morning or Possibly staying at my cousins on the lake Friday night. Just found out the other day they are living on the lake. Cool.
Hope they have some info. for me since I will not be able to pre-fish the lake with my work schedule.
By the way there has been some great information here, thanks to all who replied it gives me a place to start.
Happy Rippin, see you all there on the 21st.

See ya there Rip. If my schedule allows I think I'll get one more prefish in before the event. Maybe next week sometime. If anyone has free time next week give me a holler and we can hit Zumbro together. Don't worry I'll close my eyes if you catch a fish. grin.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

I'm going to try to get on the lake this Sunday (New Moon). Two new thing to try.

Oh yea, can you bring along some Bow spinners on the 21st. gold and orange maybe. I think this is a good lake to give them a try on.

Thanks..

Yes I believe the bow should work great on Zumbro. As a matter of fact I will be trying some myself. As far as bringing some along. I'm shure John will have some for sale. But then that's up to John. smile.gif

------------------

I did a guide job on the lake today and it was tough. We has tons of hits, but few hook-ups. Most of the hits came at about 10 feet while fishing deeper water, 15-25 feet. Plastics were used exclusively. Water is quite clean and had a starting temp of 64.4 degrees, warmed to 70.6, and then dropped to 68 when the clouds came in. Most of the activity came as the water was peaking in temp. Either a long spell of cold weather or the same of hot weather is what's needed to set a decent bite. You guys wanting the white bass may just get your prayers answered. Had one today of about 2.5 pounds....real nice fish.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom

muckbootsonline.com Pro Staff
Culprit Tackle Crappie Pro Staff

[email protected]

was on the lake today Did i see you? or did you see me green 14 ft crestliner sporting the new FM stickers.

the lake was really slow except for small ones im a little lost on how to fish this lake. we trolled shadraps close to shore and i cast tube jigs along a rock ledge while my buddie fished angle worms under a float.

lookes like a tough bite comming up

------------------
Troutman72

CPR <(((<

We were fishing along the high banks when you headed north toward the dam, probably about 11:30 or noon. Yup...very tough bite....especially for the craps and pannies.

------------------

[email protected]

A friend and I fished for 6 hours this morning on the Zum and came up with some pretty dire results. Together we caught four fish. Basically everyone we talked with was finding the same sort of success. We saw only two crappies all morning that went to another boat doing bait. White bass were plentiful, as were small largemouth bass. Other than that the fishing was not too good. Just off hand, I can count 23different jig/plastic/spinner combinations that were used. The fishing was pretty sour. Water temp was a balmy 68, up a bit from the other day. There was LOTS of traffic there today.

------------------

[email protected]

You guys may be getting just what has been needed on the Zumbro. We have had a good solid rainfall here since during the night and the last two hours has given up a steady downpour. The river thru Rochester which in part feeds the lake is on a steady rise and the water is colored pretty good. The weather map is showing heavy rains west and north of Rochester which will also go to fill the lake a bit more.

If enough water goes into the puddle, look for cooler water temps and fish to be favoring the shallower waters and the first major drop at the deepwater shores. Current may get a boost as well and points will become good targets. The water clarity should diminish some and fishing in strong light will likely be more productive than it has been.

All in all, this rainfall will be welcome and will not have a negative effect on your fishing unless we get days of deluges and radical downpours. Watch out, though, for debris in the water!

------------------

[email protected]

I will not be staying over night near Lake Zumbar (I saw that on the lower right hand side of the lake map). I'll most likly take Breakfast at the truck stop near the I-35 Hwy-21 in Faribault and head out from there at 5am or so.

Hope so too Buzzsaw. With this wacky weather who knows. Heard it was supposed to be in the high 40's Sat morning, Brrrrr. shocked.gif Oh well we are all in the same boat. (pun intended) grin.gif

------------------

All Zumbro LETS'ers

Lucky and I will be providing anotated maps of the lake w/ all of the "danger" spots marked on it. We'll go over these verbally as well, so you will know what to look for.

Looking forward to meeting you on Sat. morning.

UG