• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bemidji Mystery July 24-25

Here are the teams that are signed up for the Bemidji event so far. I think Bemduckboy signed up too? Dennis can update on who has sent in their application and entry fees.

If anyone is interested in this event, please visit http://www.fishingsavvy.com for the application and mail the application and $75 team entry fee to Dennis Steele.

1)Jeff/Jeremy
2)Grabs/Shawn
3)Ron/Doug
4)Steve/Ron
5)Team Clueless
6)Chuck/Aaron
7)Tom/Dennis
8)Paul/Kev
9)Matt/Tim
10)Bemduckboy/Joel
11)Brad A./Charlie C

The lakes that are on the list will not be published and pre-fishing will not be allowed. We will draw the lakes just prior to each event. This will be a true mystery and should be a lot of fun!!

Who wants to test their finest fishing skills?? grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Tom Herman (edited 07-15-2004).]

Hey Chuck,

Glad to see that the lakes will NOT be published.

How about printing out lake maps of the lakes that will be in the hat, 1 for each team and then have them at the ready once the lake is chosen for distribution.

Also,
I propose that we all meet at the Cenex truckstop to do the lake draw the morning of at like 8 am. That way we could get some breakfast and then have time to head out, get bait or whatever. It is also right on the intersection of 2 and 71...easy access to all main roads out of town and right by Bluewater Bait. We could even reserve their meeting room for our group. If this will work, let me know and I'll reserve it for us.

This might work best since not everyone will be staying at Ethans.

I agree that meeting there would be a great idea as getting in an out at Ethan's could be tricky with that many boats & trucks in the morning. And a good breakfast before we head out is an awesome idea!

I was trying to brain storm a meeting place, so great idea, Tom. Let's all meet for breakfast at Cenex, and there's also Pete's Place across the road too if we fill the place smile.gif

We will draw the lake there and head out. Plan on meeting at Cenex (junction Hwy 2 and Hwy 71) at 8am sharp!
I'm tentatively planning on eating breakfast around 7am, drawing the lake at 8:00am to give all teams enough time to get bait and drive to the lake.

I will take care of the maps for the lakes.

[This message has been edited by ChuckN (edited 07-06-2004).]

I'll reserve the room tonight. If it is already taken, there still should be enough room for all. If not, we could do the drawing in the lot.

Let Mark know he'll have a mad rush at 8:10!!...LOL

No go on the room...booked all day.

We'll just need to split up and then meet in the lot at 8?

Between Petes Place and Cenex, there should be plenty of tables for breakfast. There's plenty of room in cenex's lot for us to meet in.

Any update on attendance?

I may know someone that is looking for a partner. With or without a boat I think something could be worked out.

If you are looking for some one to fish with post it here!

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 07-09-2004).]

I'm in, what about meeting at the Country side restuarant off hwy 2, headed to Bagley about 1 mle from Bemidji? I think they have a big seperate room that is available. Just an idea. Going to signup right now, sounds great...

Hi Chad,
We are meeting at Cenex just south of Bemidji on Hwy 71. We don't necessarily need a meeting room as we will draw a lake in the parking lot. Teams will likely head up the road to Bluewater bait and get last minute bait/tackle there. They are offering us a 15% discount on bait and tackle.

The scoring is quite easy. Total pounds of fish determines the winners. Muskies are the exception at 25 points for a legal fish because we immediately catch and release with another team's on the water verification. We cannot weigh each muskie.

No, a muskie does not guarantee a win. Look at the Cass Lake results. smile.gif

Who are you teaming up with?

------------------
www.fishingsavvy.com

Actually the scoring is as simple as it gets.

1pt per pound of fish and you can weigh one persons daily limit each day, best two day total wins.

Each species does have minimum length requirements.

Chuck you must have been typing at the same time I was! Nice work.

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 07-13-2004).]

Glad to se quite a few fishing this event.

Just curious as to how many folks plan to camp at my place?

Hey Chuck - why don't you let me know all the lakes that are in the mix and I will take the liberty of printing out maps for everyone?!? grin.gifgrin.gif

------------------
Clueless - -

We'll be in the area Friday afternoon/evening. Planning to do some smallie fishing on our way up from the Cities. Thinking about hitting Mille Lacs but if the wind is bad we may turn to that spot you mentioned Tom or then head up to Spider.

Hey Tom and Doug, if you guys see this shoot me an e-mail with some info on the two smallie spots we talked over dinner at Ron's place.

[email protected]

Dennis just got Bemduckboy's entry form so that's another team. Those two are pretty good fishermen, look out for those two, or should I say, just follow them around...LOL grin.gif

Grabs, email on its way.

Oh yea, Ethan, we'll be there too.

[This message has been edited by Tom Herman (edited 07-15-2004).]

Tom, you know I couldn't catch a dead fish in a short barrel with no water in it besides nobody will see us as my boat is camo - duh!!

I'm looking forward to putting faces to names as well as getting a whole weekend to fish.

Nice to see some new teams signing up for this event! Should be a great time. Hope to see some people around the fire Friday night at Ethan's too. Any of you local folks feel free to stop by and say Hi Friday night.

------------------
Keep it wet!

www.fishingsavvy.com

'04 Duramax/Ally CC SB

Ethan,
I'm trying to respond to your email from last night but it keeps bouncing back to me as undeliverable. Can you send me another and confirm your return address?

Sorry I can't make the mystery event. I really wanted to, but my email explains why.

Thanks.

Hey Bob O - I got one from ya.

To those camping at my place this weekend - I have not reserved a porta John for the 3 teams that plan to stay, so I am just going to have our basement open at all times and you guys can use the house whenever you need to. This way it saves everyone a little money. If you guys prefer otherwise, let me know and I should still be able to get one for the event.

See everyone this weekend!!

------------------
Clueless - -