• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weigh-in site?

Chuck, I know they told us where the weigh-in will be, but can you post it for those who might forget?

Also, where is the closest access and are we going 8 straight hours or are we breaking? It's a big chain with a lot of no-wake zones....just curious.

Just curious since I have seen (and this is from the road, not a boat) boats lined up like a traffic jam to get through the channels. No biggie if everyone has to deal with the same thing.

You beat me to it, Tom. smile.gif

Here's the details for all of those who did not hear it at the Cass event.

Weigh in's will be held on Lake Le Homme Dieu in Wharf Bay (I believe that's the name), straight across the street from Bug-A-Boo Bay restaurant/bar. We are using private property that has a sand beach for boats, and this property is almost directly across the street from the bar, but slightly to the east (viewing to the left of Bug-A-Boo from the water).

(Ok, Grabs posted at the same time I did. LOL) Everyone must meet at the starting point at 9:30 a.m. SHARP for inspection and brief rules meeting.

It appears there will be a Saturday bass tourney on the chain with 44 boats. I don't know if this will affect us or not, but it could slow things up through the narrows at times. (and launch sites might be congested, so we need a central spot to meet).

I suggest NO break due to the circumstances, but the rules state we mush vote. smile.gif We need to vote on whether we have a break or not. Water temps are quite cool for this time of year and will get cooler with lows in the low 40's and highs in the lower 60's for a few days.

[This message has been edited by ChuckN (edited 06-22-2004).]

No break would be ok. We'll just have to vote Saturday AM. It's a big enough body of water to warrant it.

44 boats should not affect us at all, there's a lot of water out there. What tourney is it by the way?

I could vote either way on taking a break. The water temps were still in the low 60's last weekend. There is a lot of water to cover, but even if you ran from one end to the other it really doesn't take that long to get there. A lot of those channels are only one boat at a time though which could slow things down and for that reason I would be willing to vote not to do a break.

Here is a picture with the launch and weigh-in areas.

site1025.jpg

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 06-22-2004).]

Looks like 6 teams have voted online and via email for no break so far, so that's the majority vote, so NO breaks.

If we don't see you at Ron's while camping, meet at the start location at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday for a short discussion and we'll go from there. Weigh-in will be at 6:00 p.m.

Sunday's starting time will be 6:00 a.m., like we did at the Cass event. Weigh-in will be at 2:00 p.m.

See you on the water...