• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Madison Lake-1 week away

Well, due to fathers day and family stuff doesn't look like we'll get to prefish Madison, but I've been reading up around the site on it. Looks like we'll be sharing the lake with the "Ultimate" Bass Tourney, which is 30 boats. It's a big lake, but pretty open, so it will be interesting to see how everyone fishes around everyone else. Anyone make it down there yet? Are there going to be directions posted for getting to the launch and bait and stuff? I hear there's a new team as well, the more the merryier! See you all saturday!

We were out there today for a bit and saw John and Paul out there. It was pretty slow for us today. I don't think an extra 20 or 30 boats is going to be a big deal. It is a pretty decent size lake with what appears to be a lot of normal fishing pressure already.

Take HWY 35W South to HWY 60 West to 48 South to Bray Park (clearly marked on the right). If the launch fills, you can launch at any of the accesses and boat around to Bray park (there is at least 2 additional launches on the lake). Bray park has room for about 25 parking spots. It was empty this morning, but could possibly be busier depending on the other club tourney.

The shoreline just north of the beach next to the landing at Bray park is where we will meet in the morning and for both weigh-ins.

The new team is Mike/Brett. Mike was at the last event with a sub partner. We are now at 13 teams.

Does anyone know if 169 is going to be oopen by next weekend, from the mud slides?

You can take 169 to 22 South (outside of St. Peter) to 352 to East 14 to 17 North to 60 to lake...

Anybody with a bait shop close to that that will be open early on in the morning?

169 is open. You may run into construction at mankato unless they get it done by then. They are blacktoping 169 all the way through Mankato. They close a different ramp every day. If you are comeing from St Peter it's best to take hwy 22 to hwy 14 then east to 60. There are shorter ways of course but I don't want to get anyone confused by trying to give directions. On the bait shops there is one in Mankato on north river Front called The BobberShop, and one in Madison lake. I'm not sure of the name as it just changed hands this year. Also not real sure of the hours. I think the one in Madison lake opens at 6:00.
Good luck everyone smile.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

I did make it out most of the day Saturday and had some mixed results. I have a feeling that the kind of weights we saw on Rush will not be repeated here. There's poor water clarity and some non-typical weed types and growth patterns. Should be interesting.

Yes 169 was open all the way to 14.

Looking forward to another good time.

Ramps are going to be crowded early. I know most of the bass tournaments start earlier than us so we all need to keep that in mind. The ramps were full on Saturday without a tournament going on.....let alone two.

Any secrets that you found Wastewater? smile.gif

You fish for the usual Bass & Pike?

I will have a sub for this week, my partner is at a wedding (where are his priorities.)

So fishing with one of his buddies instead. We might try to get down there on Thursday but it is a 50/50 chance at that.

------------------
-------------------------

GET-ER-DONE

yea, it will be interesting. Fish weren't too easy to come by. It could pick up a lot in the next week though. The 40 deg. cold front that came through early Saturday didn't do anything for the bass fishing on Satuday.

There was 1 boat out at the Bray park launch this Saturday a little after 7 a.m. when we arrived. By the afternoon it was close to full, there were still a few openings. There are about 25 spots (plus possibly overflow parking, but not sure on overflow). If the other league launches out of Bray Park some people may have to launch at one of the other launches and drive their boat around to Bray Park. I'm trying to confirm things with the other league, but haven't heard anything back from them. There are two other launches marked on this map, plus a dirt launch (not sure how good it is right next to Bray Park). I'd suggest the launch that is on the south side of the upper East lake as an alternative.

Just give me a call on my cell to check-in if you are running late or end up having to go around to another launch, that isn't a problem.

If I hear back from the other league, I may change things. For now, Bray Park will be the tournament headquarters. I was told months ago that they ran a 20 boat league, but that could have increased since then. Regardless the lake will be full of boats from what I saw last weekend. I don't expect another small club tourney to be anymore of an issue than the regular pressure on that lake.

47b4d800b3127cceb0fb6dfa34140000001510

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 06-21-2004).]

The park lists a Mankato address, but this will get you to the general area. If you go south on 48 from 60, you can't miss it.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=madison+lake%2C+mn&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

BRAY PARK BLUE EARTH COUNTY PARK
Owners: Dean Ehlers, Superintendent
35 Map Dr.
Mankato, MN 56001
(507) 625-3281
This 95-acre park offers 33 mobile electric campsites, plus tent camping, resident caretaker, 2 bath houses, log cabin, accessible hiking trails, boat ramp, swimming beach, volleyball, horseshoes, sun deck, fishing docks, plus swinging bridge & playground equipment. A popular place with numerous scenic attractions. Handicapped camping & restroom facilities available. Call for reservations (507) 243-3885. Directions: located off Cty. Rd. 48 about 2 mi. S.E. of city of Madison Lake on the S.E. shore of Madison Lake.

Dan the east side access is a good access with plenty of parking. It is paved and has I believe 20 parking spots. If the boys at Ultimate bass are useing the north access it will be packed there, but it shouldn't affect you guys at Bray Park. Their alternate access will more than likely be the east access. FYI the bait shop in Madison Lake is Reel Fishing and Tackle, the owner is Joe Elfert. Phone # 507 243 3388. If you work this lake right it can produce some nice fish.
Good luck sat and have some fun.

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 06-21-2004).]

Bray park doesn't normally open until 7-8 a.m. (the reason why it was empty on Saturday morning - I was told by the Cty that they sometimes open earlier and may be flexible).

Just heard back from Bray Park and we will not be launching out of Bray park. We will launch at the state access just North of Bray park (turn to the state access is the road before the turn into Bray Park I believe). You can still launch in Madison City, but the other club tourney will be launching there and it may be busier.

Tournament headquarters will still be at Bray park (just north of the beach). You'll see the double ramp concrete boat launch if you go too far south (the beach is in-between the headquarter area and the Bray park launch). From the state landing, head to the narrows on the lake (straight West). Go South through the narrows and follow the NE shoreline of the South lake around to the SE to the SE potrion of that lake to get to Bray park.