• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rush Lake Metro LETS - Directions and Info.

Those planning on camping, I'll see you guys Saturday either on the lake or at Cory's. If your not planning to camp, check-in is at 6:45 a.m. Sunday morning on the lake at Cory's. Launch at the either access and boat around to Cory's on the lake (more detailed directions coming via email).

I've never fished this lake, but here are directions that I have. Tournament headquarters may be slightly off, this is my best guess based on directions I have. It should be pretty obvious on Sunday morning - an FM banner will be up lakeside and there will be a bunch of boats on shore.

Note -
route marked on map in yellow is not correct. I didn't realize HWY 7 doesn't have access from 35W. Try...

35W North to 1 West/North to 2 West to 4 South. This may not be the best way around to the west side of the lake, but will get you there. HWY 7 doesn't have access from 35. This is to the West Rush landing and closest to Tournament Headquarters.

from Cory below - his house is North of where it is marked on this map. Just around the point south of the landing on West Rush.

47b4d822b3127ccebfc218de845d0000001610

47b4d822b3127ccebfc218ed055e0000002610

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 06-06-2004).]

Hey guys!

Its not quite as far down as the arrow is. It is about halfway between the arrow and the circle, by lake look for a green house with a stone front and a willow bush out front we like to call our chia pet!

Anyone gonna come up and prefish this weekend??

Cory Frantzick
www.AtHomeOnTheLake.com

If thats the case Dennis, then I'll just drive until I hear either loud snoring or a rooster grin.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

We went to check out Rush Lake last night for the Metro LETS on Sunday. Just scouted the lake for the most part but wet a few lines.
WATER IS WAY UP (or so it seems as I had never been there) but every 1 out of 5 docks are under water.

High water caused lots of rip rap in the water. Trees, brush, grass clippings...

We drifted with crawler & leech harness. Couple nibbles but not much.

Tossed Senko worms by docks spotted a few but were not willing to hit, only "sniff".

Had a few follows on some spinner baits, one hit but not much.

Few more hits on weed line with bobber & leech, but could not tell what it was. Took bobber down but then would come back up.

Overall we got a good view of the lake and have scouted a few spots that we will be hitting up on Sunday early, then go back and hit the points that I outlined.

We fished for about close to 2 hours so we did not put that much time in.

Good Luck & Good Fishing on Sunday!

As for bait shops in the area...

Go to Fish Lake bait in Harris, thats a good one, or Gander Mountain in Forest Lake, the freshest bait is at either Bakkens Bait which is just off of 65 or Deidrichs Bait which is on the North side of the lake, they have a sign saying livebait with an arrow! Doesnt look like much of a place but they are the major wholesaler in the area!

See ya this weekend!!

Cory Frantzick
www.AtHomeOnTheLake.com

You guys have my cell #, feel free to call me if there is any confusion or you run out of beer grin.gif.. I'm not giving up any secret spots though smile.gif We'll be up tomorrow morning - probably be in at Cory's around 10 a.m. We'll be on the lake or at Cory's from about 6 a.m. on...

We parked on the East Rush landing and boated over. What road do take as a short cut back to 7 from 1? It seemed like all the roads going west out of town were driveways.

------------------
---------------------------------------------

GET-ER-DONE