• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FM gathering in Crookston roll call....

I am looking for feedback for an FM gathering in Crookston this summer.. I am thinkging July 10th weekend. Fishing the Redlake river or Red River. Pending on water available in the rivers boats and shore fishing will be a great adventure..

If the river is anything like last year we should have a great place to have a gathering below the dam.

Crookston has a great park for camping along the river and several hotels and motels.. for preferred rates just tell them Wiskers sent you.. The Northland Inn and AmericInn are your best deals.

looking for feedback and ideas for this event to get them city slickers out of the metro up to the boondocks.. lol lol.. Small boats and River Pro's welcome if we use the Red Lake River... I will keep posted on water levels... ...

Let me know your thoughts...

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I'll probably be in for this one as well.

I'll be traveling with Dennis grin.gif

Hey fellas that would be great... We can have a RP parade.... Lets see how many boats we can get in the dam.. Now that will make the news, I can assure you of that..

Tell every one you know who has a RP to bring it.. I have a very large back yard too for tenting.. with tennis courts .. bring your rackets.. I will watch you play LOL...

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Hey now thats an idea LOL... we could set up a volly ball net on the big sand bar and have a Bikini volly ball game.. that will get your picture in the paper for sure. .lol

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Bikini Volleyball, a lawn chair, a cold beverage in one hand and catching some kitties all at the same time? Hmmm, well Bro, you let me know when you secure the bikini Volleyball teams. I'll be up there either way.

I wonder who will catch the biggest sheep head during this event? or the most sheep head for that matter. It's too bad it's still March. 3 months to go. That's going to be a long wait.

I hear ya Falshman.. I would like to have a pre FM event early when there is good water for sure........ Maybe if enough are interested and dont mind making the trip twice, we could make it happen.. I dont know if I can handle waiting till Jully with out a FM fix.......

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Well Whiskers.You will just have to make it down for the Carver Gathering this year.I haven't set up the dates yet but its comming none the less.It would be fun to have it in May when the kitties get rolling,but it seems I have May almost booked solid.I asume that most folks do too.So much great fishing in May.

It sounds like a deal Dennis.. Flashman is always looking for a reason to get me down there.

If its a boat and it floats... fish on..

This is starting to sound like an awesome weekend... lets just hope the fish gods are with us and the weather cooperates.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Well Wiskers,
This might be one that I have to attend also. Was born and raised in Crookston and I have never ever fished the river. Spent all my time out on Maple, Union, or Sarah. My brother fishes the river quite a bit and I think you might know who he is. Anyway, I'm transplanted down into the cities now but still make it up there quite a bit, both summer & winter. Since its still a ways away, we'll have to see how the timing works out. We could probably dump our 14' Lund w/ the 9.9 Johnson into the river too. Its not a RP but you can fish out of it wink.gif

I think I'm supposed to have a fishing league the 9th of July...I guess I'll have to skip that one. I hope we end up with decent weather, I guess I've fished in the rain before so I could do it again. Anyway I can hardly wait... I'm thinking I may need to do some prefishing prior to the event.

Ok here goes..

I have a buddy that is a DJ and the Northland Inn will let me use the main banquet room for a bash on Friday night the 9th, and if we get enough fellas that are staying at the Inn she will also give us the hospitaltity room for Sat. night with a bar.

So the big Q. is if enough FMers are going to make it up here I will set it up so we can get great rates for rooms at the Northland Inn, with Restraunt, bar and pool..Dance Fri night and some good beverages then we can fish Sat.

With or with out boats this will be a great weekend of fishing....

I need to get an idea on how many fellas are going to be here for sure on Fri.. Heck we can fish Fri and Sat.. Just let me know what you all think.

Rick>>>>>>>>>>

Let me know if we can get some items like we did on the Shue this winter..I will work on some local stuff also.

Got fingers crossed for good weather that day..

PASS THE WORD............................

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Awesome.. The river just went up 2 feet since yesterday with the rain.. so with any hope that we keep getting rain this summer we can still use the river with boats in July..

I really need to know who is all going to be here for sure as soon as you can tell me so I can make plans... IF your going to be here say so for sure in here and I will take note..

Thanks and see you all on the water..

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Well it's less than a week away...Weather still looks good for the weekend.. sigh.. got fingers crossed.

Water levels are still pretty good.

Don't forget to sign up on the list if your showing up.. Catfish forum....

See you on the water...............................................

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

2 days and counting. I've got the rods ready, although I'll probably take them down to the MN river tonight to see if I can't get a big flatty tonight. Can't wait to get up there.