• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

METRO L.E.T.S. '04 (Leading Edge Tournament Series)

Well I guess I got all fired up for nothing. We have a hockey tournament the weekend of May 8th and spend a week on Elephant Lake July 25 - Aug 4. sigh.....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

minnowscoop,
Not sure if this helps you in your case, but you only need one member of the team at the event (can sub one partner).

Your best 5 of 6 events will count towards the overall standings. So, you could miss one or two events and still compete in the overall standings.

Lunker,
I think we are stalled at 11 temporarily... We plan to start a little advertising campaign outside of FishingMinnesota to try to fill the league (for those who may not read this thread). Still hoping for 15 teams. If we don't get 15, we will open it up for individual event entrants to try to fill the last couple spots.

I guess the main reason was not higher payouts, but instead to get more people involved.

LETS started out being an individual event format. Guys like Dennis, Paul and Chuck got started in LETS and in some cases FM that way.

The more people we expose to LETS, the more likely we'll get them or their friends to join next year. It's all for the good of the league.

Last year I remember when it was agreed that it might create a problem if we started to let people only fish a tourney here and there. It was believed that participants might not sign up for the league for the following year. If we do the wrong thing, I'd like to suggest that the cost of registration is at least $100.00 per team for each event. (double league member fees per event)

I'd say keep it as is. I like the competition between teams at every tourney, without occasionals dropping by. For example, Through the events we fished last season, the only team we NEVER beat were the Walleye Wackers. Gives a little bit of extra competition when you see the same guys over and over smile.gif

Lets try to fill the league with teams. If not, I'd rather have reduced payouts than having individual event contestants. This series is more about fun and learning, than it is about trying to make money..isn't it? If we are a couple of teams short, Who cares? It was fine last year.This will probably become a moot point anyway because this is an awesome league, and there are some teams out there that simply haven't turned in their registration.

Hopefully we will fill and not have to worry about it. Most people seemed to be in favor of opening it up to have a higher payout, but I can see your point on that. Anyone else have a preference either way?

I'm fine with keeping it as-is and not allowing individual entrants if that is okay with Tom and company. It gives you a better chance to get to know people, with the same people fishing every week. I think we will fill or be darn close anyway. Posters going up all over the city as of this week to help recruit for all 3 divisions.

You guys do what you want to do, thats fine.
Pretty sure we are still going to open it up for statewide though unless Chuck decides differently

I am in agreement and would prefer to not open the league to fill individual events. I would rather fish a couple teams short..

I am rather surprised that there isn't a waiting list based on the amount of fun and entertainment I got out of the league last year. Entry fees come out to $25 per guy per event. People would be spending that money fishing per day anyway......and through the league you get competition, experience, and the possibility of prize money to boot...

Im interested in fishing the metro series, I dont have a boat, but would pay for gas and 1/2 any live bait or vice-versa. I am an easy going guy, I consideder myself a good multi species fisherman, but consider catching fish a bonus to a nice day out on the water. If you need someone or just sub email me at [email protected]

I personally can't wait for the first tourney. I hope the river treats us well this year. Our team is gonna have to hurry up a bit, at the moment we are without boat(we'll have one for sure, we're selling the cajun and upgrading). Just the boat search is getting me pumped!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

It's too bad you guys don't take single event entries after those who are entered for the season are in. You would possibly fill each event at only $25/person.

Obviously they wouldn't be in the running for the end of the year pot, so there is still plenty of incentive to be in for the long haul.

Also, you build more interest, because then folks can test it out to see how much fun it really is.

It's likely many of those single event entries will become regulars.

Closing it off before you have a full field is not wise for LETS in my opinion.