• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Ashtebula Fishing Reports

Has enyone been out on ashtebula lately? I was just wondering what the water temp was. I will be upin that neck of the woods at thanksgiving and was hoping that there would be enough ice to get out on the lake. I know it's a 50/50 shot.

I am thinking about fishing Ashtabula this weekend. I have never fished it before but my inlaws live near by so I figured it would be worth a try and would allow me to escape for a while. Karnack landing is the closest access but it looks pretty dang shallow. Would I be better off going to Sibley Crossing? Is there any kind of a daytime bite for perch? Any info would be appreciated. [email protected]

Could you give me a direction of where to try? I will be heading to Ashtabula and fishing all day Friday and Saturday. We have snowmobiles so travel should not be an issue. I will be staying at a buddies cabin near Sundstrom Landing. I have open water fished during the 4th of July the past couple years and have done farely well trolling along the weedlines with rapalas. Any info far and near where we are staying would be appreciated. Not looking for a spot on the spot--I don't mind drilling holes!! I will add a fishing report when we return on Sunday.

Thanks!

Ed they have been bumping the flows out of the dam it was around 317 CFS on Thurs and is up to 1000 cfs now I hear. The river gauge reading here in town is up about a 1.5' since Friday. Water is coming as far as ice on the river much of it is off of the river although there is still some. The inflows into the resevior are up about 600 cfs since Thurs as well.

Lots of the fish will be on the North end of the reservoir, and near the Ball Hill Creek area.

The fishing on the river below the dam has been good. They slowed down the releases from the Bald Hill Dam so it is stable and the bite has been good.

We tested the lake yesterday and it was slow for us. We tried the crossing area and up the creeks, slow...and slower.

Fish were concentrated near the current on the bridges but a bit fussy. We didn't try crawlers and likely should have so I can't attest to if they are good or bad right now. I think they may be the way to go now or very soon.

Jigs and minnows produced light hits and a few fish. Fed more fish than we caught for sure.

Water temp was bouncing around from 53 to 54, so it should take off soon.