• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hole Layout (Flip Over Portable)

TallPaull

Looking to design where my holes will be inside my 2 man portable flip over. I've come up with two options and wanted to see if other has other suggestions or prefer option #1 or #2.

Option #1: 5 holes (like a dice). 2 straight out from each seat for fishing (close hole jigging, far hole dead stick) and the middle hole of the five for my camera.

Option #2: 3 holes parallel to the sled (holes right in front of the sled). 2 of these front holes for jigging (in front of each seat) with the middle of these 3 being for the camera and 2 holes in the far corners for dead sticks. Seems like having the camera in this position will allow easy access to move it.

I'm laying out the design to determine where to cut holes in my fatigue mats to put down on the ice.

Thanks!

I like the dice idea. I have a one man flip and I do a 3 (as in dice) Close hole for jigging, middle hole for vex/camera, far hole as deadstick. works great for me. then you still have 2 corners open for heater/pails/other stuff.

I do 3 in a triangle for sight fishing, 2 for fishing 1 for looking, with a camera I drill the camera hole center of the shack and pull the tub about 1/4 over the hole and just drill 2 holes about 30" from the tub about 18" apart. Of course I have a huge 3 man and can configure holes to best suit the structure.

If im alone I do three holes.

00 0

sledd

If im with another person then its 4 holes.

00 00

sledd

Either way the extra hole is for the fishfinder so it doesnt get tangled up with a fish.

When I have another persron with, we do tip ups outside to keep tangles to a minimum.

When Im by myself, I like to have the loner hole set up with a deadstick and set the vexilar in the middle hole so I can watch both baits. Usually the fish come in and check out whatever Im jiggin on the first hole, then head over and slam the deadstick.

Most of the time i have a buddy with me.We both have cameras and flashers for after dark. Here`s the layout. The cameras are right next to our legs on the edge of the sled.The flasher and fish holes are in a triangle.

o < flashers > o

o o <fish hole>o o

o<camera camera >o

(sled)left leg right leg (sled)

I usually fish alone in a two man. I generally drill one hole. A camera is neat, but really just tells me what i already know. I usually fish when and where fish are feeding so just fish a more agressive style, using all concentration to that one pole. A seperate hole for the vex would probably be good, but i guess if one gets off, i will just catch another, dont keep most of what i catch anyways. Seems for me, the more equipment i have in the water and time invested in a spot, the less likely i would be to move, or tend to lose some focus spreading too much attention to too many items.

... Seems for me, the more equipment i have in the water and time invested in a spot, the less likely i would be to move, or tend to lose some focus spreading too much attention to too many items.

I here you there. I like the gadgets, but I like to keep it simple at times, too. Mo-bility = Mo-fish.

I prefer to move quite a bit. I generally only drill 2 holes. 3 at most and only put one dead stick. If I know I am going to stay I will sometimes stagger the holes and have 4.. There really is no perfect way to have 4-5 holes in a flip over.. just have to make do the best you can.

I prefer to move quite a bit. I generally only drill 2 holes. 3 at most and only put one dead stick. If I know I am going to stay I will sometimes stagger the holes and have 4.. There really is no perfect way to have 4-5 holes in a flip over.. just have to make do the best you can.

I can and have fished 3 guys in my shack with 9 holes total and there was still room left. A normal set up for the wife and I is 6 holes.

Mine are the same as USDA3's. Ones closest to eh sled out a little more from the side, ones closest to the front more towards teh corners(run a deadstick to those holes).

Personally I'd sterr away from a "dice" layout as having a hole in the middle of the floor will probably be a pain getting in and out using the door (depending on type of shack I guess, and size of auger. With my 10" I suspect there'd be some wet boots!))

I usually dont run a camera, but if I do drill a hole for the camera it will be in between the 2 holes closest to the sled, i also sometimes drill a "livewell" hole in that spot.

Originally Posted By: Deitz Dittrich

I can and have fished 3 guys in my shack with 9 holes total and there was still room left. A normal set up for the wife and I is 6 holes.

YIkes, I would have lost something down a hole for sure!!.. LMAO. I would have to assume your house is quite a bit larger than mine.. I have a Otter Cabin, which is a small 2 man or a large 1 man.

I fish out of an Otter Lodge with a carpeted floor I made for it. Sit my Big Buddy in front of the door, my vex's up against the sides(am upgrading to Ram mounts that will go on the lowest frame rails this season) bait bucket on floor tight to sled in center, rods to front 2 holes in Otter rod holders and front rods, when not being jigged, in rod holders set on the floor, LED lights overhead(used a metal box with 2 Semi reverse lights on toggle switches) misc fishing "tools" in a caddy deal mounted to the front of my bench seat.

I think thats it, lol. I hope to finally get around to fabricating the storage unit thats been bouncing around my head the last couple seasons. Want to make it out of aluminum and have it mounted between the supports the bench seat sits on so it lifts up out of the way when I lift the seat up. Will have a small box on each end that will hold 2 vex batteries(1 to power one side of the LED lights and the other to power my Vex) then a larger center section to hold misc stuff, and then a a place to strap rod cases down on top of it.

Should I be mad that Esox picture has only increased my itch to get out ice fishing..... CANNOT WAIT! (Even though I'm still getting the boat out.)

My new purchase was a camera so now I have to figure out a 4 hole system for me: 2 holes for fishing, 1 vex, 1 camera.(Even worse would be 4 more for the reel weeds) Even though my plan is to use the camera to find likely spots and maybe not use it as much when i'm set up, but I've heard its quite addictive to watch the screen. Thinking 4 in a row or slightly offset front and back. The Vex going in one side the camera in the other side, or could put those two in front if I can reach the two on the side.

I set me buddy heater ontop of a 5 gallon pail so it's essentially above everything keeping it out of the way. (Just a thought for others.)

--JUNK--

O-V--C-O

--O--O--

Should I be mad that Esox picture has only increased my itch to get out ice fishing..... CANNOT WAIT!

I feel the same way.

The wost thing about that pic is the fact that it makes you feel like you are actually sitting there and the left support pole is bugging the heck out of me not being able to connect it properly.