• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Deer Photo's

I don't think it ever hurts to wait a little bit, I would probably just wait the extra half hour in the stand. Most archers give them time to expire, but I believe that is because there is almost never time for a good follow up shot if the deer is not dead. A firearm has a major advantage in that way. When I have made a good kill shot like that, sometimes I don't look right away, but I go back to my truck and get the gloves, knife, drag, etc.... As long as I know it was a good shot, I'll give it some time.

I primarly bowhunt and our policy is unless you see him pile up on an evening hunt leave him until morning(if cold enough). There really isn't anything to gain and a lot to loose. We do not have a lot of song dogs around so we really aren't worried about it.

Thanks everyone. the reason i backed out was because of the wolfs in our area. they were in my area that afternoon and i didnt want to gut it out in the dark and have visiters while i was gutting. there are people down the road they fallow the kids to the bus stop.. and with a head on shot i didnt know how good of a shot it was and i didnt want to loose that deer.

iceman

009.jpg

022.jpg

Shot this 11pt Sunday of opener weekend. Hunting by myself at 3pm in the rain. No wheeler,he broke my deer cart(dont buy one they are junk) it took a while to get out of the place i hunt but well worth it. #225 Dressed. Didnt have anyone to take good pictures in the feild so I had to settle for the sunny and warm pictures the next day. Shot a big doe the day before. State land. Do not know what he scores-wish I did. I will have to call the taxidermist.

Did he drill him in the neck ? Nice looking buck from a part of MN I don't get to see many color shots from, thanks for sharing ! Tell your dad nicely done !

He hit is high and broke its back actually, put a second shot through the neck. There are some big ones around, Ive seen some that size but haven't got a shot.

Here is one he shot 2 years ago and got mounted

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

Just imagine what those Ely deer would look like in farm county. I belive those northern bigwoods deer are about a year behind in rack production. They do normally make it up by the time they get to 5.5 years and older.

Shot this 11pt Sunday of opener weekend. Hunting by myself at 3pm in the rain. No wheeler,he broke my deer cart(dont buy one they are junk) it took a while to get out of the place i hunt but well worth it. #225 Dressed. Didnt have anyone to take good pictures in the feild so I had to settle for the sunny and warm pictures the next day. Shot a big doe the day before. State land. Do not know what he scores-wish I did. I will have to call the taxidermist.

First of all, nice deer! Which kind do you have? I have used two same kind of carts that we have and they have last since 2001 and have had no problems. Really nice to have for the 1 1/2 mile walk where no wheelers or vehicle traveling is allowed!

Just imagine what those Ely deer would look like in farm county. I belive those northern bigwoods deer are about a year behind in rack production. They do normally make it up by the time they get to 5.5 years and older.

you are right, but i would guess the one he got this year is 3 1/2

Congrats everyone and very nice photo's!!!

It was a good season for us as well. I took a 125" 8 point on Halloween night, my wife shot her first MN buck a spike. On the last day of the season dad shot a 136" 10 point. It was a very exciting year for the family.

Here are some pics.

My 8 point

Picture5611.jpg

My wifes spiker

Picture5661-1.jpg

Dads 10 point

Picture5685-1.jpg

Picture5679-1.jpg