• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Deer Photo's

Here are a few pics of how we did rifle hunting this year around bertha. to start off, my fiance finally pulled off getting her dandy!! she has shot many bucks in past years, but this is by far her biggest. a dandy 9 pointer. Dewey from wadena is the man in charge of getting this dandy on the wall! He does EXCELLENT work.

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

This is my brother from alaska. he hasn't hunted whitetail with us for 3 years or better now, but he came back and was happy as heck to tag this nine pointer. not the biggest of deer or racks, but he was excited none the less.

IMG_0062.jpg

this is my buddy with his best buck. a nice 10 pointer. i helped him track it the morning after he shot it, and was he every happy when we spotted this rack peeking up out of the grass!

IMG_0083.jpg

here i am with my nine pointer. shot it from 25 yards while rattling from a lawn chair sitting in the middle of a woods! there was some ground shrinkage with this guy on tine length, but he still managed to measure 18 1/2 inside. all in all, this year was productive for us regardless of the warm weather and standing crops. i shot mine at 4 in the afternoon coming in on a line to rattling and grunting.

IMG_0077.jpg

thanx fellas. ive actually got multiple trail cam pics of the deer my fiance shot, and the one i got. hers was even on film 3 mornings in a row checking a scrape dripper just before opener. like clockwork, 10 to 7 opening morning, there he was, checkin out the dripper! its great getting to watch them grow like that, then getting an oppurtunity to tag them. just ask my fiance, i emailed her pics of her buck 2 days before opener while she was in school, and told her to be ready! it would still take more than a shovel to knock the smile off of her face!

Great pictures and stories everyone ! We hunt this weekend in SE Mn. I am looking forward to all that goes with the hunt. We have been asked to hunt with a great group of friends that started out as landowners we asked to turkey hunt their land. This will be our 6th season with them. Chili feed and all. The woods is nice, and it will be good to be back on some familiar ground once again looking for the Wabasha County Whitetails.

we hunt just east off county road 2 north of 60 a few miles. I hope we see some deer moving. I think you need to dress up your box with a quote from Ol' Woodrow. one of my favorite movies thats for sure. plan on cuttin the cards when i get home monday night too. have a good one trigger..

PB160243.jpg

finally got a nice buck. had the second week of the season off.. my girlfriend came up to hunt with me the first 2 and half days. monday she left for the cities without a deer. i went out to sit for the evening. at 4 i heard somthin moving and i could see tines moving through the timber. i hit the can call and he came in like he was on a string. he came in to about 30 yards broadside. as i pulled the trigger he turned right at me. i hit him head on. he turned and ran into the timber. i could see the blood trail from the stand. i backed out. came back and he was down not 25 yards from where i shot him. hes going on the wall.

iceman