• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Deer Photo's

Three of us on a long rope switching positions with one in the back to keep his antlers from snagging could only manage 10-15 yards before we needed to stop and catch our breath. We are all soaked from head to tail, falling into the mud and sweating our butts off. We finally get him back to the field edge and into the sled behind the ATV and we all collapse in celebration and I finally have the buck of my dreams!!

That is one Buck of a life time! We have found it a little better pulling them out if you have enough guys to use a pretty short rope or just by the antlers to get some of the body weight off the ground. Pulling one that big will always suk but dragging with a long rope seems to snag a lot more and getting around trees and dead falls with the full body weight and antlers digging in every where doesn't help much.

This one will be hard to match-ever!  You may as well stay in the cabin and be the camp cook from now on! :D

Thanks for the story chasin_walter20!!!  Very cool experience!!!  and bigbucks your brother shot one heck of a deer also!!!  gets me more ambition to go back out this weekend and hope for the chance something walks within range! 

Great Job.

Now I hate being a jerk about this and by no mean want to take away from the success, but I just have to comment.  

Look where the rifle barrel is pointing in this picture.  The three points ingrained in the 3 hunter ed classes I attended with each of my kids : Muzzle control, treat every gun as if it loaded, be sure of your target down range.

really cant a guy be proud without a smart comment i understand your point but hey lets point it out to the internet world man why make the point I'm sure he knows just an adjeneline pic

really cant a guy be proud without a smart comment i understand your point but hey lets point it out to the internet world man why make the point I'm sure he knows just an adjeneline pic

Plenty of MN deer hunters and other hunters in MN get hurt or killed because of "adrenaline".  I pass on many comments, but this one was too good a lesson for everyone.   I guess including yourself.

Slow down and remember safety does not get a break.

Edited by brittman