• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Deer Photo's

jamie, that buck was shot on my uncles farm in Wabasha. I know that my group had a great year, but they hunted hard, I have to give them credit. My uncle got laid off this year, so he has had more time to hunt. Not a lot went right for him this year so I was very happy for him. He also has been hunting for almost 40 years, and this is by far his biggest buck. For a long time he was one of the brown its down guys. I am thinking that they are all happy that I got them to go the 3A season, we have never went that season before. He sat in his blind almost all day, everyday, for the first 5 days. He saw deer everyday, many times they were 400 yards away,but I kept telling him it was only a matter of time before he would get a shot at a nice buck. His persistence paid off. I am very happy for him.

P.S. the big buck that my cousin shot, was in the area we bow hunt, it was the buck I was chasing all fall with the bow.

Uncles deer, 14 point, gnarly rack. I don't have the story, I just know he shot it at 2:30 in the afternoon yesterday. He was by himself and didn't have anybody to take the pictures for him. Too bad, I hope he got them today.

UncleStevesDeer.jpg

Now THERE'S a rack with size and character. Big congrats to your uncle!

Awesome deer guys!

Our party did well near little falls this past weekend. We went 6-5 (intensive harvest area) and called it quits at 10am sunday morning. I was lucky enough to bag my a doe and here two fawns in three shots sunday morning after switching guns because I ran out of ammo earlier in the morning. I was pretty proud having never shot the gun before and never used a scope.

IMG_0497.jpg

Spearing Machine...the pic of your gun brought up alot of memories...i know there are a lot of 7400's out there but by chance you didn't get that used in st cloud a couple years ago did you??? the whole setup just looks so familier...

ntrider, the gun isnt even mine. It was one of the other guys in my party who had to get to church after an hour of hunting when he found out i ran out of bullets and the rest were a ways back at the truck so i just used it. But, if i remember right he has had the gun for many years. I beleive it was purchased new.

I am guessing you are about 6' tall, and you like small next to that thing. His head (without the head gear) is massive

ACTUALLY ... im 6 foot 4!!! so yah that will put his body size in perspective to you. his legs were touching the 8 foot ceiling and his nose was on the ground when we hung him up... cant post those pics on here though

Geez, I can't believe some of the deer you guys shot this year! We're starting a management plan on the area we deer hunt after shooting alot of small bucks the last couple of years, and I passed on a little 1 1/2 year old 8 point and some does. Still haven't seen one worthy of a bullet yet, but I'm thinking if I give it a few years and the other parties that hunt next to us hold true to only shooting mature bucks, it won't be too long till we'll be seeing some brutes!!!

Quote:
Geez, I can't believe some of the deer you guys shot this year! We're starting a management plan on the area we deer hunt after shooting alot of small bucks the last couple of years, and I passed on a little 1 1/2 year old 8 point and some does. Still haven't seen one worthy of a bullet yet, but I'm thinking if I give it a few years and the other parties that hunt next to us hold true to only shooting mature bucks, it won't be too long till we'll be seeing some brutes!!!

GEEZ, way to try and bring someone down. Not everyone has huge acreage to be able to manage the herd. I also practice letting the little ones go. But lets not try to get on people for what they choose to harvest. Because I've also heard the little ones are better eaters. Remember, each to thier own, as long as the animal is utilized, I'd be cool with it.

Congrats to those who got deer, and also to those that enjoyed the opportunities.

TNFL, I think you misunderstood fishuhalik's post. He wasn't trying to bring anyone down. I think he was saying he is really impressed with some of the deer that have been harvested. Also, no where in his post does he say that he has huge acreage to manage the herd-you are making your own assumption. It does not matter how much land you have to hunt, you can start your own management program with as little as a few acres. It's called being selective about what you harvest. Who's trying to bring who down?