• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Deer Photo's

congrats. thats gotta be a great feelin havin all the time and effort put in and for it to end with breakin a 13 yr slump. very cool good job. and i kinda like the pic

congrats to your girl firend on a great deer. i think i would be a little jealous if i was you haha.

NoWiser.... congrats on your buck. It must feel great to do that much homework and have it pay off. The question I have is "Did you have the area to yourself?" Everytime I think I have found a small area to call "home" when it gets light, I see orange.

Browning-gold... congrats to your gf on a great buck. If her success continues of a bigger buck each year, you should have a blast hunting with her!

Coach,

I hunted with my dad and a good friend of mine. We had a huge section of woods completely to ourselves. Did not see another hunter, or hear any shots within at least 3/4 mile of us Friday - Monday. I feel like I finally found an area I can call "home". Nice to hunt deer that are doing their own thing, and not being chased.

I like how you positioned the buck so you were looking at the good end of the deer

I think that positioning makes the shot great, too. I'm just guessing . . . could have been an issue of load distribution in the canoe that put the deer in the position it's in. smile

no kidding. I've been hunting for 7 years now and I have yet to harvest a worthy buck ( i say worthy b/c I shot a unicorn buck that only had one antler about 6 in. long and as skinny as a pencil. I thought it was a big doe and decided to shoot. When I got out of my stand I was a bit suprised when I went in for the gut job!!). Tell her congrats and hopefully we have another woman hunter in the woods.

Great to see the genuine happiness in her face, she's hooked for good now and that's a good thing !Not criticizing the canoe guy, I know it was hot and u shouldn't get shot at but I'd have a blaze orange coat on or at least hung high or very visual in the canoe, in my area I'd feel a bit afraid even with the orange hat on. Great buck and photo, my favorite for sure thus far posted ! smile

He's wearing his blaze vest under the life jacket. Probably could have put it over top, but he at least had it on. In some areas, I am sure he would be fine. In fact, his post talks about not seeing other hunters.

I agree, one of the coolest pics so far.

Schwanny, congrats to your niece.

Thanks for the compliments! Musky is right, I should have had more orange on. I never even thought about it when I put my life jacket on, apparantly my fear of drowning outweighed my fear of getting shot! Next time I'll be sure to throw an oversized hooded sweathshirt over everything.

Trigger, congrats on both your and your dad's bucks. They both are beautiful.

Congrats to everyone who posted a picture. There isn't a deer on here that isn't a trophy! Lets keep them coming!

I passed on a 6 pointer about 8am on Sunday and 45 minutes later this guy came in chasing a doe.

SE Minnesota shotgun. Mossberg 930. Winchester 2 3/4 Sabot. 1 shot and he dropped 20 yards from where he was hit.

My first Minnesota buck!

4096622812_29ee24ed0e.jpg

4095850373_60bd389ae8.jpg