• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Deer Photo's

Originally Posted By: picksbigwagon

Remember the guidlines:

1. Pose the deer if possible, no excessive blood, no pictures from the tailgate or hanging on the gambrel.

just a reminder...

pics taken in the feild before feild dressing look much better.

good looking deer everyone. congrats

x2

This is my opener Buck that was called in by my 7 year old with the Can Call. He was calling and I was grunting. What a team we are! When we heard a twig snap I told him to hold still then he came and I shot him. He turned to me and gave me a High Five and said " Nice Shot DAD"! Priceless!!!

JoeMegandI.jpg

I shot this guy right away on Saturday morning. I let a doe walk by and he was picking his way behind her about 40 yards up the bluff. I made a good hit and he took off, I shot again and he turned and ran down hill at me, I drilled him two more times after that missing him once. I was pretty happy with him. The next one is my Dad's, he shot it last night at about 4:20. It came out with some does. It is his biggest buck to date.

Natesdeer.jpg

Dadsbuck.jpg

My friend Sutty shot this buck out in western MN on opening morning. He said the "gross score is about 145 but has 6 inches in deductions". He is going to have it mounted. They took two more bucks over the weekend for four guys, the last guy is retired and staying out to try to fill his tag this week.

John_Sutton_Buck.jpg

I didnt see a deer until 11:30 am this year which is really odd for my stand. I usually have deer all over my stand all day long. Then at 11:30, a buck and a doe came running into the woods. The buck was in the thick stuff and jumped into a shooting lane and ran straight towards me. He then jumped out of the lane and into some pretty thick saplings. As he was standing 25 yards from me, I found a little hole to shoot through and decided that I better let him have it as the doe was directly downwind from me and any second was going to explode out of there (ironically, she didnt leave for the next 10 minutes!). I shot and he flinched and took off. I was going to give him another one in a little clearing, but my safety strap stopped me short. I watched him as far as I could in the woods and it looked like he was slowing down. I waited about 10 minutes and the doe finally had enough and bailed. This guy was laying about 80 yards from my stand. For those that are into the tech stuff: Beretta 390 with Federal Barnes Expander 2 3/4" slugs (1900 fps) out of a Hastings barrel. Double lung, complete pass through.

Hunting09013.jpg

My dad is over 60 years old, he's been hunting deer for over 40 years. He was around and hunted in the lean times. That is by and far the biggest buck he has ever shot. At some point in time, you become just as happy for a father that shoots a NICE buck as you would your own child.

Both deer are going to the taxidermist. I think that high racked buck will be a nice addition to the big one I got two years ago.

i think both of the bucks you posted are awesome. congrats to your dad for gettin his biggest.

no one in my family really hunts deer,(he took me out when i was little but only once since) he grew up huntin only grouse. im tryin to get my dad out there and he hasn't gone a few years. i want him to shoot one bad haha dont care what it is.

It really comes down to where you are in your hunting career. I was very happy that the guys in my group all passed on forks and baskets. Thats a first for our group. Baby steps man, baby steps.

T.S. Thanks for the compliment, I don't think many people would have passed up either of those deer. The true trophy hunter or someone that new there were bigger our there probably would have, but that was not the case for us.

Nice deer Trigger and my group of 17 we got 1 buck. We all saw yearling bucks but just the 1 mature buck. Some years you just wonder ok we passed on lots of little bucks the year before, what happened now that they are 2 1/2 year olds ? The standing corn in my area(s) is where many of them are at especially now that the woods reek of human odor and the cornfields have been left alone.

Maybe not a monster buck, but after 2 years of scouring maps to find a remote area to hunt, I found an area that interested me. I spent almost every weekend this fall figuring out the best way to access it. Last weekend I finally made it in, and spent a day scouting to find a place to put my stand. All the hard work finally paid off at 9:30 Saturday morning when this guy followed my scent trail up from a swamp. I haven't shot a buck in 13 years (since I was 12), so this thing is a real trophy for me!

DeerHunting2009038.jpg

Not the greatest picture, but its the best I could manage, and it captures the moment pretty well, I think.

Here is my girlfriend's buck she shot sunday at 9am. We sit together in a double stand and I shot a 3 pointer sat at 11am. I asked if her if she wanted to shoot the 3 pointer when we saw it but she said she wanted to shoot one bigger than her 4 pointer last year and she got her wish! (she is having it mounted)

mandadeer.jpg