• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's with the price of ammo?????

I bought all my ammo for the same price as what I paid last year. Not sure what you are talking about, I guess......

Remmington/Federal/Winchester 30.06 was/is $17-$18 at 'Richards' Sporting Goods.

Maybe you saw a box of the more expensive "higher quality" ammo and got confused?

This comes from my dad who shops ff and he's as cheap as they come. He shoots fed 30.06 180 grain and they were 47.00 a box last sun. He said my .270 round were 56.00 and they were not the preimum rounds because he ask to clerk for help. maybe ff jumped the gun like the gas thing awhile back.

I saw Remington .30-30 ammo for 12.99 last week and .30-06 for 17.99, both on sale. Ammo was getting pretty expensive before the recession hit due to high demand for all metals by China, as well as US ammo producers having a hard time keeping up with military contracts.

Current high prices are due to high demand for ammo, as certain "news" outlets have a lot of people paranoid about the government taking away their guns or taxing ammo by 200 percent, etc. Propoganda works. I've been hearing that type of [PoorWordUsage] for most of my life. Although a few fringe lunatics on the far left might wish for it, it will never happen. The fringe lunatics on the far right love to keep it alive though!

just bought some remington core lokt for about 17 a few weeks ago...was curious so i looked online at that place in rogers...30.06 and .270 on sale for 14.99??? might be an internet price but still??? there were some federals there that started at $45 though???

Exactly why I reload. You really can save a boat load of money. I can load premium ammo for a fraction of what you pay for the budget stuff. Reloading supplies have gone up a bit too. But not anywhere near the ammo itself.

just bought some remington core lokt for about 17 a few weeks ago...was curious so i looked online at that place in rogers...30.06 and .270 on sale for 14.99??? might be an internet price but still??? there were some federals there that started at $45 though???

-- Do you care to share the name of this place, i need to pick up a box of 30-06 today and would like to pay that for those shells. Cabelas?

I completely agree DR...........especially for handguns, that ammo price is outrageous.....

I am so glad I bought it cheap and stacked it deep.

I can remember paying 100 to 115 dollars per 1000 rounds of 9mm.

I did it with Factory Ammo and Reloading Components.

Could be just "ya get what ya pay for" I was looking for a bear load this past season, an wanted a good quality bullet in 30-06 150 gr. that wont disintagrate upoun impact if I hit bear shoulder, my brother told me to get Hornady interbond, so I did an was taken back by the 30 dollar tag. But right next to it was the green box of cor lok for half the price. The interbond bullet is just a far better bullet an I will pay price for better performance. It dont take much to kill a deer, but I dont hunt for regrets either. boar