• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

L.E.T.S. ON WINNIE

Hey all, don't forget that you're all invited to stop by at my cabin on Friday night too. Rumor has it that there may be a few fish in the fry pan waiting for hungry mouths. Directions to the cabin are 1/2 mile west of Cohasset on US 2 go North on County Rd. 88 (Pincherry Road) for 5 miles until the blacktop ends and then turn right till you come to Bass Lake. Take a right there and we're the 2nd place on the left... a log cabin. I hope to see some of you there... it's just a short 20 minutes to Winnie then. It would help with my planning if I know ahead of time how many to expect so could you please reply here or email me at [email protected]. Thanks all! See you in a week.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Just a note that the Winnibigoshish ProMap Series is now available.

Ron Hunter out of Judd's swears by it now.
He said he can now find a spot he's been having trouble re-locating. Yes, it's that accurate.

You can see it by going to the site below:

Minnesota-Lake-Maps.com

Be sure to click the ProMaps button/link when you get there.

Doug, thanks for the invite.Tex and I will be coming, Hopefully we will have some walleye to bring being we will be fishing winni thurs.night and fri.When is everybody arriving at the campground?

Paul,
I will have a small gas grill along. Just ask me about it.

Doug, thanks for the invite, but I think I can speak for the team here, and we won't be making it to your place. We will be on the water until dark. We have a lot of work to do wink.gif

Maybe it's just me, but I think it should be addressed. I have a slight concern about the location of our campground and being able to fish these waters in 4 hours.

Is it possible to move the weigh (and maybe the starting point) to a more centralized location? I know there is a nice sand point in the "Gap" at the entrance of Big Cut Foot and Big Winni. We could all park boats on and use as a spot for a break.

The boat traffic can get a little hectic in all the channels to get into the far east end of Little Cutfoot. At take off it could be hairy too if a lot of people head west through all the channels.

It also appears we would have a tough time parking/beaching 11 boats at Little Cutfoot Sioux (Onegume) campground at once.

We all don't own 55mph Rangers here! tongue.gif

I won't be able to make it up.
Thought I would let you know so you can plan for 1 less boat and 2 less people.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

I'll be at the cabin starting Thursday morning. There is a phone there in case you need/want to call ( you're lost, your boat sinks, a bear goes through your cooler, etc...) Just call 328-9868 and we'll send Corey or Paul out to help you. See you Friday night.

Doug,
Thanks for the great invitation to visit at your cabin. Its a tough decision - I've never fished Winnie and I want to put in as long a day on the water as I can on Friday. I'll plan to come over to your place, but probably leave the campground after 9:00 pm or so. I expect I will have to pull my boat out and lock everything up. Is that ok? Do you have a phone in case I get lost or delayed?
Bob

Chuck,
we'll see after everyone gets there on Saturday if we should move the starting point. Everyone should be there by 11am, and if need be, we could all drive out somewhere else by boat and start from there. The only problem would be where we would keep the weigh-in stuff. I doubt anyone would want to lug it around in their boat all day...right Cory grin.gif?...lol
We'll see though.