• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

F.M. WALLEYE TOURNAMENT

I think that sounds great!

But it would work much better for me to fish this time of the year.
This is the dead time for the RCL In the spring im gone every month fishing and when im not I NEED to work!
Yet I would really like to be a part of this!

Pool 4 you can catch fish usally year round, its slow right now because of all that rain they got in the cities over the last few weeks is here.

But still catchin fish!!! And the high water will be gone soon I HOPE!

If it doesnt work it doesnt work thats OK, But I hope to see it happen this time of year even in the next couple monthes...

----------
RiverTown Guiding
Mississippi River Pools 3-4
http://www.geocities.com/wish_i_was_fishing2002

Fishnaddict and Brian you guys is reading my mind! What Addict proposed is exactly what I was thinking. 15 teams to avoid the permit hassle and the pledging charity idea is cool too. I'm all for pool 4 too. If some other guys want to do the same thing at the same time somewhere else; go for it! Each team representing a charity is a neat idea too.

(As a seperate event a shorefish walleye fry get together, say like on the Crow river would be fun to do too this fall. Just a thought.)

Lets see how interested folks are, maybe post this idea in the pool 4 forum, and see if it will fly. I also like September!

mm
And I don't want to hear this, "bowhunting grousehunting hoo-haw." Both seasons last until the end of December so you can fish one day out of the whole 3 month season. It won't hurt I promise.

[This message has been edited by mistermom (edited 07-07-2003).]

FishnAddict

I would love to volunteer, unfortunately this date doesn't work for me. It sounds like you have a great plan, I hope you guys can pull it off. I hope that this will be the start of many FM. walleye tournaments. I would like to help organize one next spring.

Good luck! Good Fishing!

I think we got the interest. I can't speak for others; but I would guess right now we got 4 teams. Brian and ?, FishnAddict and ?, WalleyeGFA and maybe Jimmy, Aquaman and myself. I would think some of the other pool 4 regulars would be interested too.

Sept 27th is ok for me. Might be duck opener and could lose some folks over that. It all sounds good to me. We should see if Dennis has interest as well. He has coordinating experience and could probably answer questions/help out if he was interested

mm.

I was trying to avoid bow opener, wasn't thinking about duck opener.. The weekend before we could do or maybe go into Oct., I think bow opener is the Sept. 13th weekend. I don't think filling it up will be a problem either, especially if we already have a few teams..

TourPro, do either of those work for you?

Just as long as its not Oct 1-4 that the RCL Championship in Red Wing. But right after that would work! LOL smile.gif I will have all the spots down

I have a boat, I think it would be fun to fish with someone I havent before so if anyones intrested let me know.
--------------
RiverTown Guiding
Mississippi River Pools 3-4
http://www.geocities.com/wish_i_was_fishing2002

[This message has been edited by Brian Sander (edited 07-08-2003).]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I put this Topic in the Mississippi River Pools 2-9 Forum for you guys.

Hey Brian,
I'd like to fish it with you.

MM,
I understand the hunting concerns that time of year shocked.gif, I'm a die hard bowhunter myself... I can't pass up a good fishing event though..

I'm not administrator for this board or I'd move it. It probably should be discussed in more detail on the FM Tourney's and Events and/or Pool 4 (if that is where it is decided to hold the event).

I'd be fine helping to set this up - are there any volunteers to help me out?

- Saturday, Sept. 27 is the day I'd be voting for
- Lake City launch? (I'd prefer a launch site on the lake, maybe something further north?)
- 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. fishing time
- Starting position based on how much raised for charity (the more you raise the earlier your starting time)
- Full 8 hrs. of fishing regardless of starting position
- Not quite sure how to handle the charity portion of this? Pledges could write checks directly to the charity (I think that would work best).. Need $70 of pledges to charity before event OR a check from your team for $70 to charity. Along with $30 for angler payout.
- I would say that the $30 should be turned in with the application along with the name of your charity (set a deadline for all applications, first 15 teams payed).
- the $70 will be due at tournament time to the charity of choice.
- I think we may need to set a list of approved charity organizations to keep everything legit..

Any thoughts? Who here can committ to that date? If we have a few teams interested at this point I wouldn't think we would have trouble filling the rest.

I know you could be setting yourself up for nasty weather; but the first two weekends in October work all right for me. You could get absolutely beautiful weather too! Just a thought.

mm