• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Statewide: Lake Winnie

Winnie is July 26, 27th.
If any one missed it Tom started a topic about camping on Winnie. Here is the link:
http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum40/HTML/000167.html

As far as I have found the only regulations on Winnie that are different from the rest of the state pertain to Walleye and these also apply to any waters attached to Winnie.
Walleye between 17"-26" are protected and you can keep one over 26"

We will probably want firewood for this event as I imagine some long nights around the fire.

See you all up there!

Cory, sounds great!

Hey Metro guys?? I may be looking for a ride on Friday AM, or potentially Aaron and I may be able to ride together depending on when he is leaving. I plan to leave work around 10:30-11am on Friday and start heading to Winnie. Is anyone else heading up at this point in time, I won't have much other than a bag of clothes and maybe a cooler. CD if you see this let me know how to get in contact with Aaron, maybe he could just ride up with me, or me with him. Shawn is going to go up early (must be nice having all that vacation time). If I ride up with someone, I won't need a ride home. I live in Hopkins and work in Eden Prairie, so I could meet some one pretty much any where in the metro.

Thanks
Chris
[email protected]

Grabs, Aaron will likely be at Winni Thursday night. We set time away from work to pre-fish every event all day Friday to find the bass, I mean fish. smile.gif

Hey all... my cabin is just a short drive from Winnie and if you'd all like to reconnoiter there on Friday night after prefishing during the day I'll supply some brewskies and chips and such. And if anyone would like to pitch a tent in the yard there or throw a sleeping bag down in the living room you are welcome to doing that also. Just let me know who might be interested in any or all of those ideas. Doug G.

Doug, you may want to inquire about posting directions in the new LETS forum for members only. This way you don't have to post this out where everyone can find out where your cabin is. To do so I would contact Tom or Paul via e-mail and see if they can help you move the directions into that new forum area.

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 07-08-2003).]

For those interested in stopping by on Friday night before the fishing starts in earnest you just take County Road 88, which is just 1/4 mile west of Cohasset on US 2.
5 miles of blacktop end in a gravel road which you then turn right and come to a public landing on Bass Lake. 2 places down to the right from the landing is a log sided cabin... our place. I hope some of you can make it for a while.

Bob, thanks for the reply, but I can't leave until Friday AM. Shawn's taking my truck up so I plan to just drive his car up Friday after work.

Thanks for the offer.