• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd Annual Miss Cat Gathering

When - June 14th and 15th

Where - Launch boat at 101 bridge access in Elk River and head up-stream to the big island that's just after you drive under the bridge in town.

Time - Its a weekend deal so come for the night cat bite or come for both days and hit the smallmouth and monster carp too.

There is plenty of room on the island for quite a few shore anglers so if you don't have a boat someone should be able to get you to the island. I have to run and have probably forgotten something so just ask if you any questions.

That time of year will a 2.5 hp get me that little hop in a 12' aluminum V? Never boated The River and not sure how much beef it takes to move on it.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

We had a blast last year,and I am sure it will be just as good time this year.I hope to see a lot of you out there.I will be out all day on saturday.I have a LETS tourney on sunday so I can't make it an all nighter.I will be running my River Pro and can give some white knuckle rides.I can run shuttle on saturday also if anyone is shore bound.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
"fishhead"
[email protected]
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com

Aquaman,
I would guess that the current is traveling from 2-4 MPH, as long as your boat can move faster than that you will be fine. I think it is about 3/4 of mile from point A to point B.

Dennis,
That is too bad you can't stay the night, I was hoping to show you those spots we never got to check out last year with the jet boat. Should be a cake walk with your new River Pro. Anyway, good to hear you can make for Sat. should be a great time. Can't wait to see the new rig.

------------------
First Choice Guide Service
The Cass Lake Chain
no_spam.com
Phone: (612)730-no_spam

Still on? Hope so! I just looked at that island on a map - holy cats! It's huge! I'm gonna motor up there soonly and scope it out for camping overnight. Anybody mind if I bring a couple of dogs?

I'm probably gonna be shore-fishing from the island, anyone else?

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

I'm bringing the whole family, meeting them at the launch after work (6:00 or so), and camping on the island (I'm gonna scout it next week). My fishin' buddy would love to hang out with someone close to his age!

Oh - since he caught a bigger fish on Ash River at Kab than he did on the lake itself - he's decided we're River Rats. Oh Oh - hold on....I'm getting misty.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 06-04-2003).]

I don't see any reason why you couldn't bring the whole family except that they better be able to handle the bugs at night. The best thing would be a screen tent, set the poles out side in rod holders and wait. Not sure what the water level is like as of right now but normally there is plenty of room for about a half dozen tents.

------------------
First Choice Guide Service
The Cass Lake Chain
no_spam.com
Phone: (612)730-no_spam

I will be there sometime near noon to 1:00.I have Belle Plain Cat League the night before and it can run late.I'll hang out till near dark or so and if anyone wants a ride in my River Pro your more than welcome. smile.gifSee ya there.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
"fishhead"
[email protected]
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com

Slight change of plans - we'll just be there Saturday afternoon/evening - no camping. I have significant domestic duties Friday evening and Saturday during the day.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

I'm still trying to negotiate, but it doesn't look good. The warden won't allow me out of the cell due to all the excessive liberties I have taken the last couple weeks.

I am still negotiating with the governor to obtain a pardon. In the meantime, the appeal process is in full cycle and a final ruling has yet to be issued.

Hopefully I'll see y'all there.

P.S. Somebody send me a cake with a nail file in it.

Oh man - I'm gettin' all choked up! That weekend is also Buffalo Days, and my son was given a choice - do we go to a parade, or do we go to The River - his choice was "I want to go catfishing".
We'll see ya'll there. We'll be in the crusty old 14' alumicraft.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I'd like to make this one too. I have to take my Dad out for a little scouting Saturday. If I can make it towards evening can someone who plans to be there e-mail me their cell phone number. So I can call for a ride if I make it?

I'll be land-locked for sure. It would be nice to bring my boy with too. smile.gif

I'll try to make it. I building my new 240 HP Center Console Lo Pro. If I can finish her up, I splash it on Sunday and take a ride down from Monti. Maybe we can throw some baits for MR Small Jaws.

Kevin - we might still be there. My boy & I are gonna camp overnight, I think, so we may well see ya there.

Rick - you've got mail.

WW - You can't even get a pass if you take a kid? That always sweetens the negotiations for me! wink.gif
------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 06-12-2003).]

Yeah that usually works for me too, but I don't feel real comfortable taking both kids in a small boat. A 3 and 4 year old together can be a little much in a confined space for any period of time. I might get out anyway with both of them just for a little while on Saturday. Maybe if we get to the island and I let 'em run around, I can get a little fishing in. But I think actually fishing would be a pleasant surprise with them in the boat.

The neighborhood garage sales are this weekend and the wife doesn't want to be responsible for watching the kids on Saturday, since I'm gonna be gone all day Sunday for the LETS event.

I guess I can see her point.

I had my 6 year old boy with me there last year, and we had a great time camping out on the island. Lots of room to run around, nice clean shallow water, plenty of firewood. It's really a good camping spot.

It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend as well, and a full moon on Saturday night!!! Might make for some interesting stories around the smart fire. I wish I could attend again this year, but I've just got too much on the menu. Maybe next year.

I'll see many of you fellas on Sunday though. Go ahead and stay up real, real late. In fact, if it was me, I'd just stay up all night catfishing, then race down to Prior when the sun comes up. Yea, that's it! Wait, what am I saying - my tourney partner is going to be there! Dough!!!!

Just kidding - good luck guys. Hope the cats bite like crazy!

Child(s) and I may make a brief cameo Sat afternoon. Would love to see everybody. Would also love to see this island. Sounds way cool. I used to camp on islands and sandbars on the Rum river.... Makes me nastalgic.....

mm

After reading Eddy's article, I may just have to bring a few cranks with me. Thanks Eddy - nice to see cats in the article content. I'll have my cell with me, and if anyone needs a ride to the island I'm game. It's no RP, but it got me up the Little Falls Gauntlet! (hee hee).

Bait check - I'm bringing sucker minnows I'll share, and whatever I can get in the minnow trap tonight (and is legal).

763-300-1448

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Well - It's Sunday evening, and I'm home from the Cat Gathering. It was real nice meeting ya'll face to face. I got home and told my wife - "honey! I got to be towed by a River Pro!" grin.gif I think I may not have been shifting hard enough. I seem to recall the fella who sold it to me mentioning something about forks engaging thoroughly. Hmm. Good exscuse to get it out on the lake this week. Hee Hee.

Those of us that camped didn't have quite the catch-fest we thought we might - very lite biters. Thankfully, the kids caught most of the fish, including a night's worth of bait and a nice softshell turtle, too. Both boys should be real proud of their battles - nice work.
That reminds me - I gotta fry some catfish tonight!

I'll be camping on that island again, I think. I want to fish around it and the bridge more.

Thanks for the Gathering, ya'll.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes