• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro LETS Prior Lake Results

1)Walleye Wackers 18.3
2)Lance/Rob 13.3
3)Bill/Marty 12.5
4)Trouble Hooks 10.6
5)Dennis/Sam 10.0
6)Balsam Lake Bandits 9.5
7)Jighead 8.9
8)Scott/Jim 8.1
9)Fish Bros 3.5
10)Neises 2.9
11)Team Hogg NA
12)Carpsnaggers NA

OVERALL STANDINGS
1)Walleye Wackers 33
2)Dennis/Sam 30
3)Bill/Marty 26
4)Jighead 25
5)Balsam Lake Bandits 24
6)Trouble Hooks 23
7)Scott/Jim 22
8)Lance/Rob 18
8)Neises 18
9)Carpsnagger 15
10)Fish Bro's 10
11)Team Hogg 2

It was tough bite today on Prior with all the traffic and the HEAT!Walleye Wackers showed thier stuff today and I congratulate them on a job well done!Impressive catch guys!
We saw a lot of nice bass come in but the biggest landed in Scotts boat at 3.9lbs.A very nice bass.
I enjoyed the burger at Captain Jacks and of course the barley pops!I would like to thank them for letting us weigh in at thier nice establishment.
Next stop Big Marine! smile.gif(I might have to get a little wacky! smile.gif)

Sam and I struggled today with the bass and only picked up three small ones.tow came on Sams spinnerbait and one on a rattle rap.If it were not for the school of decent panfish we found hanging on an underwater point in 14 feet of water our bag would have been darn light.

[This message has been edited by Dennis Steele (edited 06-15-2003).]

Yea, it was crazy out there. It's weird to look out over the lake and see chop similar to that you'd see on mille lacs, and then realize it's all wake not wind! It was a tough time with all the recreational boaters, we had one ski doo that buzzed right between us and scott, ran over our marker buoy, and wiped out. Too much traffic. Trying to hold yourself on a mid lake hump was near impossible, and we took on a lot of water.

The bite started hot for us, my bro putting one 13" bass in the well in the first 10 minutes on a crank next to an underwater island, and then me losing two 2lb+ fish in the next 5 minutes. After that it slowed way down, and we didn't catch another fish almost all morning. With about 30 mins left we picked up a quick ten gills over 7 and weighed in. Gills all came off that rocky weedy point next to the no wake zone by that island on lower prior. After a lunch, which was good however pricey, we picked up our last 10 gills, and caught a few tiny bass on crawlers, had one pike run on a sucker, and didn't catch anything the rest of the afternoon. Oh well, it was fun, and I'm looking forward to big marine, hopefully with less traffic.

p.s, how'd ya'll do waiting in line for that access?! Ouch! I thought we were gonna run out of gas waiting to load up!

Way to go Walleye Wackers nice weight on a tough bite. A big thank you to WasteWater Guru and Paul for letting me fish with you.
You won't find two greater guys to fish with. They put up some respectable numbers, even with a handicap in the boat with them always getting in their way.
Thanks again guys, Lucky

Thanks guys, that was a good time.. Thanks Wastewaterguru and Dennis for setting everything up and Captain Jacks for having us... Captain Jacks was great and everything worked out real well with them hosting the event.

Never thought I'd say the weather was too nice, but it was a little too nice for a real good bite.. the pleasure boaters in full force and no wind didn't make it any easier... still everyone caught quite a few fish, even though it was a bit of a tougher bite... Our couple times out in the past few weeks in practice we hooked into some real nice fish as it sounds like a lot of other guys did as well. we didn't find one of those fish on event day, congrats to those of you who did find some of the bigger fish.. We did manage to find quite a few average size fish in the 1.5-2 lb. class luckily... we got a lot of our fish on plastics (worms and creature baits). some t-rigged with pegged weights and some wacky rigged.. a few fish on spinnerbaits and cranks... 90% of the legal sized fish came in deeper water, only a few in on the docks (which is a change from the last time out for us)...

See everyone out at Big Marine in a couple weeks..

- fishnAddict (team WalleyeWackers)

[This message has been edited by fishnAddict (edited 06-16-2003).]

[This message has been edited by fishnAddict (edited 06-16-2003).]

Wow, those overall standings are out there for any of us! Is everyone planning to be there on Big Marine> We're there. I figured fathers day kept those guys missing off the lake.

Dennis,
maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but it seems like we are off by a 10 spot on the scoring... It doesn't look like the 2 points per event for attendance was factored in to this either, unless I'm not figuring in the missing teams and how you factor that in. this is what I get, but I could be looking at this wrong - 12 pts. for the winning team, 11, 10, 9, etc. (regardless of how many teams show up + 2 pts. for attendance). That would be a maximum point total of 14 pts. per event or 28 pts. for the 2 events up to this point. I figured our point total based on how I'm interpreting the rules to be 27, not 33. If that is correct, it looks like it is the same across the board, so I'm sure it won't effect the overall much..

just wondering what changed on the payout from the rules page since we don't have 15 teams? It looks like the 5th place payout was taken out, is that all that changed?

Well, I got spanked on my own lake. I had a conference with my partner Paul after the event bacause I was a little erked at him. First bell I went to a weed flat that I knew had big fish. I got a couple of fish there. I wanted to stay, but was talked out of it cause my partner was bored and wasn't catching anything. Went to another spot that I knew had decent fish ...missed a couple and wanted to stay but was talked out of it. Went and anchored where my partner saw a poontoon boat of drunken ladies catch one nice crappie.......
We surprisingly got nothing there. Went into candy cove cause my partner wanted to get out of the wind and waves......surprisingly we got nothing there.

Finally, at 2:45, I TOLD my partner we were going back to the weed flat that we started the day on.

What happens......he gets the biggest bass of his life (only fish of the day), and I get another nice one and had three or four come off.

Must make a mental note. I knew where the bigger fish were, but I couldn't convince my partner that my slow presentation and boat speed were gonna pay off. So we ended up wasting half the day on spots I didn't want to fish.

Lloyd, I am surprised you were able to put up with the bickering in my boat. Glad you got a couple fish.

We've never fished Big Marine either, so it should be interesting... I've heard a lot about this lake and it sounds like a great fishing lake, so I'm excited to try it out... Who is all planning to prefish? I'm going to try to get out there, but not sure yet as it is coming up quickly here... anyone who knows the lake well? I'll supply the beer and boat... LOL

The access on the north end off Mayberry Trail has 28 stalls. The one on the south has only 8 according to my TC fishing guide. I fished it years ago but don't remember nothing about it. I'm hitting it Thursday evening (I hope). The lake is supposedly loaded with little pike and good bass and decent walleye. The panskis look stunted according to DNR data... We will see.

mm

I would love to get out there with somebody. Any night after 4. This week or next. This weekend is out so I gotta get out there during the week.

I was thinking tomorrow or Thursday. Anyone??

My boat or yours...I don't care.

Give me a call at 952-221-4087.

we had a great time sunday up until lunch. It was pretty tough fishing the afternoon with all the boat traffic. Never fished marine but will be prefishing 3-4 times before.We should get together with whoever can wed.night.

lance
p.s. anyone can call me if they want to fish tomorrow. We can use my boat 612-616-4399

[This message has been edited by mrclean (edited 06-17-2003).]

I think we are on track with the overall standings.

The rules read:
"A running point total will be kept towards an end of the year league champion. These points will be based on order of finish. 1st place will receive 15 points, second 14, and so on plus attendance points. Ties will be determined by largest fish caught."

In my interpretation it does not matter that we don't have a full league.

Example:
W.W. 2nd place pool 4=14+2(attendance)=16
1st place Prior 15+2=17
16+17=33
I was going to give the teams that had only one person show or were late only one point but the rules do not specify that the points are awarded per team member.I made a judgment call and awareded the full attendance points.Beside they were fishing with a handicap.The absent partners will be diciplined by their attending partners, I am sure! smile.gif

Payouts did change also.I thought I posted them but can't seem to find the new rules either.The new payouts are on the sheets that I handed out at the meeting on pool 4.

Here is the payout schedule:

Pay-out Schedule:
Individual event pay-outs
1st place - $150
2nd place - $125
3rd place - $100
4th place - $75
Big Fish - $25
Season championship pay-outs
1st place - $300
2nd place - $200
3rd place - $100
4th place - $50

THese will change again in the near future as we will have another team joining us.There pro-rated entry fee will go toward event payouts but not toward season championship payouts.

Its good you guys are watching this.I am not above mistakes by any means and if you spot something that needs to be addressed by all means say something. smile.gif

If I too could only convince my partner that I know the best spots and techniques to use that we would have won the tourney!I am sure I am not the only one who fished in my boat that is thinking that! smile.gifOr for that fact any of the boats fishing the tourney that day! grin.gif Its human nature.

Sam and I won't be out to prefish Big Marine unless Sam can get but out of work or family duties.We are going to have to wing it!

my bad Dennis.... didn't read the rules I guess... I was thinking 12 pts. down to 1, not 15 down to 4.... I see now... I wasn't doubting your mathematical skills or anything, just couldn't see how the scoring worked... Thanks, fishnAddict

Sometimes we'll have good days as individuals, some days we'll have good days as teams. That's fishing! Denny and I have both had days on the water - mostly outside of tournaments - when one or the other was slaughtering fish while the other was struggling. Most of the time we both do pretty good, sometimes both of us come up empty handed.

I kinda like Tiger Woods approach to competition. He's confident of what he can do as an individual. He plays only against himself when he's on the course. Most games he doesn't even watch the leader board because it can really rattle your mindset. He just plays the best game he can.

It's probably not as applicable in a team tournament situation, but I'd never point fingers at my partner if it didn't work out the way "I" had planned it.

It was a fun event. Hard work, too darned hot, and too much traffic. But it was a real test of our skills. Lookin' forward to the remaining events!

Well I didn't get a call from anyone inviting me to join them in their boat for tomorrow so I packed mine up to go. grin.gif I will be taking the boat to work and heading out from New Brighton around 3:45 or 4. As of now I am planning to go it alone but would CERTAINLY invite any of you to join me. I have eight rods and plenty of gear in the boat so if you see this at work Wednesday morning and wish you had brought your stuff to work.....don't worry I got plenty of gear.

Besides this is gonna be more of an exploritory mission anyway. I'm sure I'll get a couple hundred casts in and dangle a bobber for a spell. I heard something about muskies in these waters. Can anyone confirm or deny that rumor??

Even though I aint been on this one, I am sure I can find a botle bass or two.

Does anyone have directions to the ramp from 694?????????

Take 35 north to 97 (just south of Forest Lake). Take 97 east until you get to 15 take 15 south (right) until you get to Mayberry trail take a left on Mayberry and it goes right to the north ramp. Sorry don't know the miles. It looks like I probably won't make it out til next week. Female fun limitation factor.

mm

I feel better.........

Can I get some cheese with that w(h)ine??

Big Marine is gonna be a victory for Trouble Hooks.........

Why??? Because I've never been there before. How about the rest of you guys?

Dennis, What's the decision on the access issues?

I had a very similiar situation to WWG. The lack of panfish, which would have helped made us at least competitive, was my fault. That totally slipped my mind. I was too determined to find some active pike. Congrats, to those who were smarter than me... I think that was everybody. Hopefully, I can turn this thing around at the next event. If anybody is interested in prefishing, let me know.

I'd join you WW, but I don't have my fishing license or anything with me at work.. maybe another night... good luck and let us know where you find those hogs!

Hey Doug give me a call or email me at fishermanlld@hotmail .com. We've got to get together soon, Big Marine is just over a week away. Anyway let me know what you want to do one way or the other.
Lucky