• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Statewide: Lake Bemidji

So this summer is really going to cruise by, we are nearly 1 week away from the Bemidji event already!

Please watch this post for details from Ethan on directions and details about staying at his place for this event.

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I found there are no special regulations for any species on Bemidji or the connected bodies of water. This being the only regs to be concerned about are the ones set for the entire state of MN and the LETS league minimums.

When is everyone heading up? We will be up Thursday night. Anyone have any ideas for Friday night gathering? Bemidji has a lot of choices and I am not sure exactly where Ethan's place is, but the Corner Bar has really good cheap burgers (at least the last time I was there) this would be a good place for the members to meet up for Friday dinner and drinks.

Grabs - you're right about no special regs. Unless there are some that I am unaware of..

As for a place to meet and eat/drink, I would reccomend 2 places - Keg N' Cork (everyone needs to drink at least one pitcher of combat) or Tjuans as there would be room for a large group to dine.

DIRECTIONS:

I assume most of you will be coming in from hwy 71/2 from the south. So take Hwy 197 exit to Bemidji (this will take you right past Bluewater - so be sure to stop in and load up with the 15% discount they are offering for our league) 197 will turn into Paul Bunyan Dr SE. (you will be taking a left at that light) At the next stop light, you will take a right onto 1st Ave (Keith's Pizza is on that corner) Follow 1st Ave to the 4 way stop and take a Left onto Lake Ave. (you will see Braatten's on Lake Ave store at that corner) Take Lake Ave North to Mill Street, also called State Hwy 406. (I believe it is the 2nd road to the right after your turn onto Lake Ave.) Follow Mill Street up the hill past Northland Tackle and take a left on Augusta Drive - it is a gravel road just about to the top of the hill. There will be a stop sign just a little ways down the road, and we are the 2nd house after the stop on the right. (1016 Augsta Drive) It's the house with the football field size+ front yard.
You are more than welcome to park in the yard or along the long drive. To get into the yard there are 2 spots that will work - either up by the house at the end of the line of pines, or if you continue down the gravel road past the drive over to the electrical box at the end of the yard (those are the spots with out a ditch) If you park in the main yard, stay at the bottom Half as we're not sure yet where the well is..
You can camp anywhere - up by the house in the front yard, or bahind the house , behind the garage, whatever you want to do. I'm not sure where the fire pit will be yet. There is about 2 and a half acres of lawn, so you will have room to spread out.

Oh boy, I'm getting long winded already. Sorry..

The porta-Jon will be there Thurs afternoon.

Please bring your extension cords as I probably won't be able to find ours amongst all the boxes. lol Also please bring chairs as we only have a few.

I will be offline tomorrow through next Thursday before they can get our new internet service hooked up at the new house. I will be going to the library to check my email and the forum, so if you have any questions you can send them to [email protected] My phone # as of tomorrow will be 218-444-8675, and if I am not available there, try my folks # at 444-7597.

Oh yeah, to get to Diamond Point park, you would continue down Paul Bunyan Drive where you had turned right onto 1st Ave. Take a right onto 16th street and take a left at the college - it will take you right past Diamond Point Park. Keep going down that road and it will take you past Cameron Park - that is where I would suggest you launch as there are 2 docks and ample parking.

Well, thats all I can think of for now.
See everyone soon!

------------------
Clueless - -

I'm back online!!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

When does everyone plan on arriving?? Just curious as to when to expect everyone.

Looks like it will be a rather warm weekend in the 80's. Also scattered thunderstorms are in the forecast. But that is still a little ways away. Well, storms or no storms, we will still have a great time!!

See you all this weekend!

------------------
Clueless - -

Are we planning on meeting at Diamond Point Park/beach before noon on Saturday? Is there a rules meeting or anything?

See ya up there!