• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NFL Redzone?

Aces In The Hole

One word: AWESOME!

If you're a football junky or have interest in a fantasy football league this is a must have. Most of the time I'm watching this channel rather than the broadcast games due to the fact that you see all the action from all the games.

Don't let the name fool you, they show more than just the red zone plays. What they do is flip around the league and show the games that have the most action happening. The team with the football could be at their own 30 yard line and they'll show it....not just when a team is in the red zone. When I heard about this I also thought that they would just show replays of red zone action or the scores but that isn't the case at all, and most of the time it's live action or a replay shortly after something happened. You never miss a score.

Another great thing is that there are no commercials whatsoever. Zip, zilch, nada. There is an in-studio announcer that they show once in a while that will briefly bring you up to speed on what is going on in a certain game and then they'll go to the game to see how it plays out.

What they show is the actual broadcast from CBS or FOX with the announcers doing those games. So instead of being held captive to the Vikings game, you'll see what everyone across the country is seeing on FOX and CBS. There is no bottom ticker added by the NFLN.....just whatever is being shown by FOX or CBS. It's like you're watching a game sitting in NY, Miami, Dallas, Denver, Seattle, etc.

So to answer the question if it's worth the money, yes. I have Dish Network and I had to add the multi-sports package which gives me not only the Red Zone Channel in HD, but also all the regional sports networks (the national Fox Sports channels) so I can watch a ton of college football on Saturdays too if I wish.

It's the best channel ever!

Thanks for the reply LMITOUT. I am a big football junkie and I am in 3 Fantasy Leagues, so I guess this would be a great thing to have to watch scoring around the league. Plus, they games on TV the past couple of weekends have been so DUMB! Who want's to watch the Jets against the Raiders. Come on now!!! And this weekend looks like a bunch of [PoorWordUsage] too. Cleveland and the Bears. So I guess I will be ordering the Redzone this weekend! Again, thanks for the info!

I have been getting the Red Zone free viewing and I find myself stuck on this channel for most of Sunday. Once they take it away from me I will be looking into getting this channel added!!! Fun to watch games out of your viewing area.

Can you get this through Comcast?

I want to get NFL Sunday Ticket, but not sure I really want to switch from cable to Satellite.

Yes you can order it for comcast. That's what I have. I already ordered and I can't wait for Sunday to arrive.

Just gotta call them and add it to your cable. It's like $7.99 a month.