• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cell Phones/Radios on Rainy

I think we should at least be able to have roaming coverage in case we need to make emergency calls. We don't have a radio either, and radios may or may not work due to potential distances between boats.

We shouldn't need any immediate on the water verifications, muskie is not open. But I could still see it for a huge 12+lbs walleye or a 20+lbs pike. And for that purpose we should at least be able to make a roaming call if needed.

I could make up a bunch of laminated sheets with everyone's cell numbers on them if you think that would be of any help. What do you think?

Mark

Mark, there are 10 teams, so 20 people. I would make some extras. We really only need one per boat, but some extras would be good.

Just make them small though, would be nice if they would be the size of a credit card and fit in the wallet. smile.gif

Thanks for the tip, Grabs. That's what I was already planning on doing. I'll make 15 of them unless someone thinks we need more.

Mark

I have a hand held marine radio someone can borrow. You need 9 AA batteries, with a spare set if you use it a lot. Good for at least 2 mi, maybe up to 5 by line of sight.

I have each team's cell number(s) except for Team Clueless. I'll be making these tomorrow, so if you want your number on it, try to get it to me by tomorrow morning. Tom and I will be on Rainy early thursday morning. If you come up before Saturday and want one early, just look us up. Thanks!

Mark

[This message has been edited by mwchiefs (edited 05-27-2003).]

Paul,
The radio is yours to use. I have the dc adapter also. The problem I have had is that the radio has "clicking" static from other electronics. I have not experimented enough to see if connecting to different batteries helps (I have 3 separate batteries), or even just moving the radio to a different part of the boat may help.

Hey mwchiefs - neither one of the Clueless team members owns a cell phone at this time.

I finally got my marine radio hooked up today though, so I will keep that tuned to 69.

Thanks anyway.
Maybe by the next tourney we will have a # to add. Will keep you informed.

------------------
Clueless - -

No problem at all, Clueless. I just wanted to avoid leaving anyone out. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting the new additions to the league, on Rainy.

Mark