• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Statewide LETS: Rainy Lake

So with the first event of the season just over a week away I figured we could start leading up to the event with some conversation of what to expect, when people plan to arrive, maybe chat about somethings we learned from last years Vermillion event that teams are planning on using and maybe revisit some of the stores from last year!

Here's to www.athomeatWoody'sPub.com

Figured I would add the special regulations that Rainy has being a border water.

Rainy Lake (including the Rainy River above the dam at International Falls, all of Rainy Lake to the dam at Kettle Falls, Black Bay including Gold Portage below the rapids, all of the Rat Root River, and Rat Root Lake; Koochiching and St. Louis Counties)
WALLEYE and SAUGER: Possession limit of 8 (Not more than 4 can be walleye; fish from 17" through 28" must be immediately released; only one walleye over 28".
LETS league minimum is 12"
Page 34 & 44

Northern Pike: 3 with only 1 over 28"
LETS league minimum is 20"
Page 45

Crappies: 10
LETS league minimum is 9"
Page 45

Muskie: Does not open until June 15th

Largemouth or smallmouth bass(either or combined): 6
LETS league minimum is 12"
Page 45

For all other species, normal state inland limits and seasons apply.

Other LETS league minimums
Sunfish: Minimum size = 7 inches
Perch: Minimum size = 9 inches
Lake Trout Minimum size = 16 inches

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 05-23-2003).]

Thanks Grabs! I have a feeling these special regs are going to have a big impact on the amount of fish being weighed!

Anyone else having problems concentrating on work these days???

Capt'nJosh

The clueless clan will be there late thurs am. We are staying across from Woodys at Taras Wharf B & B - Woody pulled some strings for us and got us in there for the same rate he was offering!

Can't believe it's only a few days away!! I can't wait - now if I can just get my order from Cabelas before I leave I'll be set...

------------------
Clueless - -

We'll be there late Thursday night. Maybe see you guys in the pub? smile.gif

We are shaking in our boots waiting for Rainy! We are ready!!!!

Just a note guys. I talked to someone up at Woody's and make sure before venturing out ANYWHERE on Rainy Lake to use extreme caution with your boats. The water levels are really low and there are lots of rocks that are dangerous. Driving in the middle of the big lake thinking it's safe is not going to help at all.

Bring you aluminum props for this lake smile.gif

I really don't want to have a another bill for $1200 after this trip if I hit a rock, so please look out for them and try to mark them on a map for others??? Best of all, buy a very detailed map to help navigate and share your findings.

P.S. the fish are on fire up there! smile.gif Just thought I'd add to the anxiety. LOL

I will be up Saturday morning early!

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we launch right out of Woody's? And, Does anyone wanna go in on food for the first couple of days? Not to sound like a complete moron, but, did our deposit cover staying at Woody's Thurs night?????

Cant wait!!!!!!!!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

Yes, Cory. Thursday, Friday and Sat. nights. Thanks to Woody's for working with our schedule, and their 3 night minimum requirement.