• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro LETS Prior Lake Event

wounded minnow,
rules meeting @6:30 a.m. Sand Point Access
starts at 7 a.m.
weigh-in at 11 a.m. - Captain Jacks
weigh-in at 4 p.m. - Captain Jacks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some more questions. So we launch at Sand point, and I'm assuming we'll go over everything including where Jacks is, but what time are we putting the boats in? 6:30? 7? What time would everyone be suggested on arriving, becasue I'm guessing there will be some sort of a crowd, its a popular access.

Anybody prefished the last few days? We were there yesterday and didn't do to well, caught some bass, but no hogs, and the weather will be the same on sunday. Oh well, better stay confident! Looking forward to seeing you all at the lake!

Lunker,

I think it would be a good idea to be at the landing on the northeast end of the lake at, or around 6:00-6:30 am. There aren't a lot of parking spots there, so I hope we can all get in without any trouble. I'm guessing we'll beat the crowds if we're there early.

Captain Jacks is through the channel to the "upper" (lattitudinally lower) Prior Lake, and along the South Shore a quarter mile or so down from the gap. It's a pretty obvious place - big, white and lotsa boats out front.

I'm gonna bet that tomorrow's event might be pretty tough fishing. Prior is gonna get pounded to a froth this weekend with fisherman as well as recreational boaters. It's probably gonna take some real sharp thinking, some finesse techniques, and a whole heap of luck to pull a win out at this one.

Dennis and I had a chance to pre-fish only once, and we caught some nice fish. But it was evening, cooler, overcast with some rain, and pretty quiet on the lake. Only problem we had was finding catfish! I'm beginning to think there might not be a single cat in that darn lake! Shoot!!!!

Anyway, good luck to everyone tomorrow! I've got a heckuva summer cold, but I'm gonna do my best to hang in there. At least everyone will no where we're at - you'll be able to hear me hacking from all the way accross the lake.

Well bring the binoculars cause there's gonna be some scenery tomorrow if ya know what I mean. grin.gif

Paul, did ya remeber to feed the 5 pounders in the pen on the lake???

Gotta make sure I pick those up early and feed 'em some lead minnows.

Got it. I'm looking forward to it. Be there by 6:15 with any luck. We managed to prefish twice, the first time a cloudy evening and we did well, the second 80 degrees and sunny, similar to tommorrow, and even with almost no boat traffic we could only find a few that barely stretcehd that 13 inch mark, 12" is the min right? Well, regardless of the kindness of the fishing gods, I have a feeling some nice fish are going to be weighed in, and I'm hoping to be the one hauling! Just got the boat ready, so the Balsam Lake Bandits are ready to rock!