• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro LETS Prior Lake Event

The wonderful people at Captain Jack's are going to make room for us. So we are a go for this event as planned.

Let me know if anyone wants to prefish since I only live a mile from the ramp.

------------------
"Just a sCRAPPIE CAT, BASSking on an EYE-jerking SUNNY day, PERCHspiring to avoid PIKEological addiction."

Here....Fisheeeeeeee!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thats great that Captain Jacks is going to be able to host us.Its a great place and I plan on having my lunch there!I have eaten there before an the food is good.Heck I'll even buy a round for the top 4 teams after the event!
To see where they are located and to get leak at their menu you can visit their HSOforum.
http://www.captainjacksonpriorlake.com/

We will still meet at Sand Point access at 6:30 am to start the day but both weigh ins will be held at Captain Jacks.

That's it! Now we know why guru wanted it on prior so much, he basically lives on the lake! I'm just joking, I'm glad it is on prior, although tonka is a good lake, on weekends its probably the craziest lake in the state.

Thanks Wastewaterguru for getting back to us quickly. I'm glad it will be Prior, it's the only lake in the line up that I have fished before. Believe me I will be prefishing all the lakes in the future. From Dennis and canopysams results it looks like it really pays off! Way to go guys you really gave everybody something to shoot for smile.gif
Lucky

Yea, thanks for setting all of that up Wastewaterguru... You do know that you are the favorite for this event, home water and all, don't you? Not to pressure you or anything... LOL

Yeah, but 56lbs is a heck of a lead! I hope my partner & my counterpart can find some fish and have a good time. We could narrow that margin with a few nice carp. cool.gif

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

good thing is the weights start back even... points are carried over based on your finish for the overall standings, not weights...

Nice work Wastewater! I'm anxious to fish Prior. By the sounds of it there is a lot of really nice fish to be had there. I'm going to take you up on your offer to prefish it together sometime, but I may hold off for a little while. I think the current patterns that the pike, bass, and eyes are on are going to change dramatically by mid June.

Anyway, nice work! I'm already looking forward to another day of fellowship with other fisherpeople and freindly competition. I only hope that I can convince Dennis that Walleyes, Bass, and Pike don't usually take large chunks of cutbait sitting on the bottom! LOL!

CANOPY SAM,

Ok maybe not cut-up dead suckers....but some live ones below a bobber may not be a bad idea.

Just let me know about getting out there. I'm on the lake a couple times a week all year except ice-on/off transitions.........so just let me know.

I don't know what vegas is giving on odds,
but I think the good money would be spent on a long shot.

Prior is one of those lakes that can surprise anyone. I caught a 16 pound northern last year on a plastic worm. A two and a half pound crappie on a lindy rig with a fathead, and bull sunnies on a spinnerbait.

Anything can happen and I am expecting to see some BIG bass weighed in. I've caught four over 23" in the lake in the last two or three years and one was 8 pounds or better.

There were a lot of good walleyes caught through the ice this winter. I have seen a couple in the 26-27" inch range.

And I personally guarantee that everyone has NO excuse for not weighing in some fish at this event. Bring some crawlers and crappie minnows and the panfish are abundant......yes the 7" ones can be found.

I am looking foward to fishing Prior Lake. I have fished the lake several times and can confirm the lakes abilty to produce all types of species in all types of sizes. Hey Luckyfish, I think we will be on the board after this one. Thanks to everyone for all the great information shared in Red Wing.

Let the prefishing begin.

I'll be out a couple times this weekend if anyone wants to share a beer. Might be panfishing with the kids, and doing some scouting. I haven't thrown any bass lures yet this year and need to start working on my conditioning.

Sam and I will probably be out on Prior for a few hours sunday afternoon to scope out the lake also.Its a little early for a prefish but since I have only fished this lake a couple times years ago we need a tour anyway.Maybee we will see some of you out there.Might have to grab a barley pop and a sandwich at Captain Jacks too! smile.gif

I may try to make it down there on Sunday. I have never fished that lake before. According to the map that I have, there are quite a few weedy areas. I couldn't really tell what the depths are though. Are the weeds along the west shore productive, or is that area marsh/swamp as far as you know? Thanks.

will be fishing prior sun morning. prefishing for the metro league. will be first time on lake any help would be great.
bei'll in a 17'6"targa with a115 mercury

thanks lance

I'll be out Sunday Morning.....

As a note, they have nice 11 x 17 maps at the ACE Hardware on 13 in Prior Lake.

I'll have the cell with.....952-221-4087.

Looks like I'll be out by myself unless someone wants to tag along with me or let me tag along with them. Call me if interested. I'll be up late!!

Lunker we are starting out for this event at the Sand Point launch on Lower Prior lake (North end)... Lunch and the final weigh in will be on upper prior lake (south end). The entire lake is open water for the event... It isn't a very big lake so it shouldn't take people very long to go from one end to the other.... there are a few no wake zones that slow you down a little that are pretty clearly marked...

I was out by myself this morning from 7 till after lunch. I managed a couple bass between 3 and 3 1/2 pounds, and 25 or so in the 1 to 2 pound range.

Also picked up one 5 pound northern and two huge sunnies on baits bigger than they were.

Saw a few fish in the 5 pound range caught by a couple of the tournament anglers in the early morning.....I got a good look at the baits and techniques that were producing the bigger fish. grin.gif

The bass were hitting hard today. Even got a few on topwater.

It's about a 20 minute boat ride from one end of Prior to the other (8 or 10 of that is in the no wake channel between the Upper and Lower end. There are a couple of places to take out a lower end on this lake....if anyone wants me to point them out on a map, I can do that Sunday morning at the launch.

I'll call Captain Jacks tomorrow to reconfirm.

As a general rule on the lake.....water clarity improves as you travel from the Upper end (Southwest) to the Lower end (Northeast). The weeds today were a little thicker than normal in places, but still fishable. Water temperature was 65 degrees on the Upper end and 64 on the lower end. Saw a few fish on their beds, but they were all very small.

I had success with several baits but a few definately outproduced others.............I am guessing that everyone should get a limit of bass fairly quickly next Sunday. The key is gonna be finding a couple hogs and a few fish of other species.

------------------
"Just a sCRAPPIE CAT, BASSking on an EYE-jerking SUNNY day, PERCHspiring to avoid PIKEological addiction."

Here....Fisheeeeeeee!!

Went out for a couple hours this evening on lower prior. We decided on a little prefish technique since we were short on time. Fish a spot, catch a fish or two, then switch lures and spots catch a fish or two, switch lures and spots, etc. Boy where there a lot of boats on the water, we were fishing spots while skidoos flew past us, i was surprised they bit very well. Fished 5 different spots and caught 6 bass in the 1-3 pound range, lots of fun. My first time on the lake, so not too shabby for a short time of fishing. As we loaded up I saw a guy pull a smallie from the dock,that was odd. Good day on the water, except the part where my bro slipped off trailer and sliced his leg open, ouch, he's on his way to the VA hospital as I write, oh well. Im looking forward to the tourney!

Phil Erno with Captain Jacks actually remembered my name and was excited about the 15th.

I am not sure about parking availability. The ramp lot at Sand Point is fairly big, but getting to the lake early might be a good idea. There are no other planned events on the lake that day so we shouldn't have any problems. I know a couple of homeowners within 5 minute walk of the ramp so I will call them to make sure we all have trailer parking and don't have to pay any launch or parking fees in the overflow lots just in case.

[This message has been edited by wastewaterguru (edited 06-02-2003).]