• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro LETS Pool 4 Event

Is everyone going to make it for the first event on Sunday???

I am pretty excited.......anyone else????

I will respectfully volunteer to finish at the bottom for this event, seeing as how I've only been on Pool 4 about 8 times.

Who's the boat with the most pool 4 experience??????

That way I know who to follow grin.gif

------------------
"Just a sCRAPPIE CAT, BASSking on an EYE-jerking SUNNY day, PERCHspiring to avoid PIKEological addiction."

Here....Fisheeeeeeee!!

I'll see what I can do to make it! grin.gif
I have hardly any experience on Pool 4.I have only fished it twice.

On another note Watewaterguru will be league co director.or VP if you like.
He has been helping me with arrangements.I also need someone to help with the weigh ins from another team and to weigh my teams fish and I can be absolutly sure that he will not let any one get away with anything! grin.gif

I'll help ya out.
I'll make sure to squeeze yer fish to check for any of those 1/4 lb. sinkers you cat guys always seem to have. grin.gif

Never been on Pool 4.

**Goofy side note** - Anyone ever been to the Minnesota Fishing Museum in Little Falls? Pretty cool! They had a Pocket Fisherman! Lots of old motors. An electric trolling motor from 1903!! It was all chrome and looked kinda like a cross between an art-deco era blender and a dentist's drill.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Wow, I guess I am pleasantly surprised to be in the high end of experience levels for the river. I suppose I'll be happy with second to last.

What did everybody come up with for team names??

My partner Paul and I should simply be known as "Trouble Hooks"

RT_sports,

I suppose the dam area and and vermillion have shut down a little with the warming temps. What have been some of the best depths/techniques lately. I saw your posts regarding the lead core. That's not a technique I have tried.

Dennis,

I would recommend the Hok-si-la landing. It is on the upper end of the lake. Close enough to access both the main lake and head of the lake.

Or Colville Park, it is closer to Redwing, but the head of Pepin is manageable as well as some of Pepin itself.

Both landings have quite a bit of room, depending on normal traffic etc.

Or Bay City , Maiden Rock on the Wisconsin side, both have nice flats adjacent to the river for trolling and aren't "too" far from htting parts of the Lake itself.

I guess it all depends where all you guys want to fish and what for?

Brian Sanders and RT sports know much more than I about the river, might want to ask those gentleman!

Jim W

We are still on for meeting at Everets Resort at 6;30 Am.Unless the levels are dangerous I am not going to make any changes in location on our first event.This would cause too much confusion.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
"fishhead"
[email protected]
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com

[This message has been edited by Dennis Steele (edited 05-13-2003).]

Eric at rt_sports said that the river is supposed to crest on Wednesday. By Sunday the levels should be dropping slightly. River is going to be high and fast with plenty of debris and dead heads, but the level and current are still going to be safe for boat traffic. Fishing will likely be slow at best, but they will still be catchable.

We are all going to have to just remember that river fishing demands a little more respect for the water than lake fishing. I would recommend that everyone needs to respect the conditions and drive their boats accordingly.........Except Dennis in the RiverPro can go as fast as he wants. grin.gif

Because of the strange surface and subsurface currents that can be associated with high water on the rivers, I would VERY STRONGLY suggest that everyone wear life vests when under power.

------------------
"Just a sCRAPPIE CAT, BASSking on an EYE-jerking SUNNY day, PERCHspiring to avoid PIKEological addiction."

Here....Fisheeeeeeee!!

[This message has been edited by wastewaterguru (edited 05-13-2003).]

Not just under power for me - I'm a dang strong swimmer with an extra 30 lbs. of middle-age bouyancy, and I'm not gonna chance it. Being sucked under one eddy in my life was enough for me, thanks. Lost a little blood, almost my life and worst of all - I got my smokes wet! cool.gif

Okay, back to fishing. I'm thinking (and you experienced sages correct me at will) that a little flash or glow wouldn't hurt, with the water being stained up. Is it always pretty much stained?

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Went out of Everett's Monday with Jimmy. First time ever out on Pool 4. What a beautiful stretch of river with all the backwaters, eagles, and bluffs. The river is up and fast. The guy at Everett's thought it would be up to his retaining wall by the weekend (it was nowhere near the wall on Monday)

We didn't fish real hard. Missed a few at the head of Lake Pepin. Caught one bass in a backwater. Jimmy just fed me lots-o'-info. Thanks Jimmy! Looking forward to Sunday. Aquaman and I are going out sat morning for a little prefish too.

MM

I guess I got you all beat for last place. My bro and I have NEVER been on pool 4! We're mainly lake fisherman and the little river experience we have would not be in a boat. Oh well. We got the boat started on saturday, so thats one good thing, but gotta fix our livewell asap. We're looking forward to getting out there on sunday though. We'll be in a 16 1/2 ft fiberglass cajun bass boat with a 90 hp. What will everybody else be in? Any on been to pool 4 recently?whats happening down there(if that can be divulged!) Look forward to meeting you all.
Lunker of the "Balsam Lake Bandits"

OK. As the newly appointed vice president, my first point of order is to impose a slight rule change as follows:

No team or individual from such team is allowed to prefish during normal business hours that I have to work, or on Saturdays when I have to babysit, or any other time that I am obligated to perform activities other than fishing.......

Cuz gosh darnit that just aint fair...... grin.gif

Yes I'll take some cheese with that whine. And yes I am unfortunately just kidding about the rule change.

------------------

Here....Fisheeeeeeee!!

We'll be there Sunday... going to be a tough bite with the water still rising... should be a lot of fun though... as for experience on the river, only have made it out once this year. Plan to get out Thursday night again...

Team WalleyeWackers

Here's a question, since its a multi specie tourney, and certain seasons aren't open(bass) for the first tournament, thats means no bass right? Or am I not aware of a pool 4 rule? I am new to that part of the river, but I'm sure it'll be a blast. Whats the weather supposed to be like?

Lunker,
Everything is in season all year on these border waters. The size limits on pool 4 are more stringent than the size limits outlined for the general tournament structure however. I'm sure they will go over the size limits at the rules meeting...

14" size limit on bass on pool 4
15" size limit on walleye on pool 4

One person's limit at weigh in? Oh...okay, so you could have two person's limits in the well and cull just before weigh in? Umm, is a fish still healthy after 4 hours in a livewell? I'm igg-nuh-rint. cool.gif

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

If its a good livewell and water temps are not to high, fish should be swell. We should have very little mortality probs. Jimmy and I got temps around 56 or so Monday. The rains really cooled things off.

mm

LETS rule #1
All rule and regulations of the state of Minnesota will be observed at all times.

This would include following the minimum lenght for species on Pool 4.It also includes the limit of fish.Note that Pool 4 also has different limits than inland waters.You are allowed to weigh in one persons limit of each species listed in the LETS regs.
Could make for some big mumbers on the scoreboard. smile.gif