• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro Open-Water events?

A thought occured to me; Last year during the Ice fishing season we had numerous "Metro ICE" series events-- all of which were non-competitve and free for all; being that I can't really commit neither the money nor the time for a weekly Leauge. Also, having something closer to home means it's more likely I'll be able to attend; rather than some far off place like Lake of the Woods or URL, etc. Would there be anyone perhaps interested in helping me organize something like what was done last year in the Ice season? Good lakes/rivers would be ones that provide both good shore and boat fishing oppourtunites; and we could have some sort of "base camp" at the launch for shore lunch/ meetings; etc. Any thoughts/ interest in this?

There are a few Cat Gatherings happening all over the state as well as 3 very close to the cities.
Here is a quick rundown on what is planned so far.
Missisippi River , Elk River on June 14th.
MN River , St.Peter on June 28th
St Louis River,Floodwood on July 19th
Red River, Fargo/Moorhead on August 30th
MN River , Carver on Sept.13th

Paul-- sounds good; I had a great time at the Ice thing last Dec. Yes, I also have a small boat and would have space for another who wished to attend as well. I'll keep checking this forum for more details as we get later into the season..

Crawlerman -

Good idea! A series of 'gatherings' sounds great! I was going to have a shore-tourney for kids, but none of the potential prize-sponsors I contacted got back to me, and I don't have the time or energy to pound on doors fund-raising.

A good shore-sight would be Riverside Park (Wright County) in St. Michael. Plenty of shoreline, Crow River, and a little picnic pavillion. No fee or reservations, first-come first-squat.

My fam & myself will be attending the Cat Gathering in Elk River, and some other family-friendly shore events would be great!

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

yeah.. I was thinking lakes/rivers in the metro area like what was done with the ICE events. Lakes like Prior, Cedar, Bald Eagle, White Bear, etc... The only one that I know well that has decent facilites atleast is Bald Eagle, but that place can get really crowded during the weekend. Prally wouldn't be too bad if one was done there before School lets out. (and only one of those cat gatherings, the Carver one is in the TC (which I plan to try to attend) but that's not till much later in the year. I'll try to make the Rush Lake thing too..)

Just a heads up , Scott Co. Catfishing contest is on Sept 13-14th, You really don't want to be on the Minnesota River around Carver that weekend!!!

------------------
Puff-Puff-Pass