• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro LETs Waconia

Not to jump ahead of ourselves too much, but I was just looking into the slot concern that was brought up for bass on Waconia for the next event.

I didn't see any slot limit for bass in the special regulations, but if you look at the 2000 DNR survey it does mention a 17-21" protected slot limit for bass. I am under the assumption that this was lifted as it is not in the special regulations, only the 16" minimum for walleye. I posted this on the Bass forum to make sure and it does appear that the slot was lifted.

So, looks like those pigs will be legal for weigh-in... I suppose everyone will be casting for that 25 pt. musky anyway grin.gif

Lucky,
If you happen to hook into one of those monster muskies, we'll be glad to come over and net it for you. I've never been very good at that... grin.gif

Looking forward to Waconia, great all species lake... There are some dandy musky in that lake for sure... I like to fish bass, but I know my partner is considering targeting musky on that one, so we'll see...

fishnAddict, how about we settle for you verifying it for me ha ha. Grabs a week earlier and I would have taken you up on your offer. smile.gif
Lucky

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 06-26-2003).]

Just a heads up on road construction around Waconia.

Just south of the ramp is closed, so you need to come in from the NW. 92 is also marked as closed, I think if you come in West of 92 you'll be fine. I came in 7 to Cty Rd. 155 to 30 and that was fine.

fbd1ca95.jpg
(construction area circled)

Sam and I just finished prefishing today and we STUNK!Big ole skunk for a sunday afternoon.Sam's boy did manage a keeper sunny and a small bass but that was it for the afternoon.We figured we try our luck on an afternoon bite to see if we could find a patern for the toughest part of the day.Its going to be tough for us for the last half of the tourney.
Any one else been out fishing the lake?

Well, I sure am relieved to see we're not the only boat who couldn't catch dump this weekend. We headed out with 4 guys in 2 boats on sunday, and we couldn't do anything good. In the first couple hours I managed some tiny bass, had a few small pike chasin baits, and the other three guys got skunked. Then as I was retrieving one of my bass baits I look down and see a huge musky chasin it right up to the boat! I am pretty sure it was a legal fish, and that got everyone exctied and everyone chunked musky baits for the last few hours, with no success. Nice lake though, never seen so many cormorants before. Yuck

Most of the weeds on Waconia are milfoil patches now... Basically all of the reefs in the lake are covered in foil. Other than that, there are a number of reed beds, but not as weedy a lake as Marine was...

Where are weigh-ins going to be held? And what are the times for AM meeting, mid-day weigh and end of the day.

Captn'Josh and I will be coming out to meet a bunch of people and fish a little too.

We did pretty good 2 weeks ago. 27 bass, 2 trophy at 20.5" and 22.25" both of them in less than 1.5' of water. Everything else was 14"-18". Oh and 1 sunny.
We were fishing very shallow in 5' and less and also inside and inside of the reeds(shore and reeds).

I think the weigh-ins are at the landing, but I'm not sure about that... We are meeting at the landing in the morning, that is all I know for sure.. 7 a.m. start, 11 a.m. weigh-in, 4 p.m. weigh-in...

Meeting time is 6:30 am. as usual. Take off at 7:00 am. sharp. First weigh-in (back at the Northeast landing) is at 11:00 am.. Break from 11:00 - 12:00, then back on the water from 12:00 - 4:00 pm.. Last weigh-in at 4:00 pm. sharp.

Remember, if you're coming up from the south into Waconia, or coming from the East, you've gotta go all the way around the WEST shore of the lake to get to the northeast landing. The road bordering the entire eastern shore of the lake is under construction, and impassable. Or you could take Hwy 7 to #92 south to the landing.

I'd like to ask everyone to pray with me for a cool, overcast day with only a slight breeze on Sunday. Under these conditions we should see some really nice fish. If we get another scorcher I'm just kickin' back and "sipping" cold ones all day!

Good Luck everyone. Little tidbits of wisdom - If your motor doesn't start on Sunday morning, check your kill switch. Make sure to tighten on your trolling motor brackets. Dn't leave your livebait in the sun. Bring copious amounts of iced beverages, and for heaven's sake, don't forget your binoculars!

------------------
"Like winds and sunsets, wild things were taken for granted until progress began to do away with them. Now we face the question whether a still higher standard of living is worth its costs in things natural, wild, and free."
- Aldo Leopold, Forward to A Sand County Almanac