• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attention LETS teams and prospective teams..PLEASE READ

fishnAddict-
There is not a "championship" as of yet. Once we get more divisions set up, we will. As of now, the championship is determined by overall points standings accumulated over the course of the 4 events. Prizes are awarded for overall points leaders.
The league is limited to 15 because that way we do not have to get a permit from the DNR to hold the events.
There are openings as of now, we have 9 teams verbally committed which is more than we had last year at this time. We had 13 teams last season and should fill it this year. Otherwise, we will adjust accordingly.
I would recommend that if you are serious, drop me an email and I will get the registration info to you soon, maybe next week.
Last years teams will have first dibs to re-join and then we'll open it up to first come first served basis. I know that 3 teams will not be returning for sure, so there will definitely be room for 5 teams, maybe more. The deadline will be 2 weeks before the first event, or when the league fills. Whichever comes first.
If there is an overwhelming number of teams wanting to get in, we should think about starting a third division. Right now there is the statewide division and the metro division. Our goal is to eventually have 8 divisions each having 4 events and then the top 5 teams from each division meeting for a championship tourney, but this is down the road.
Any further questions, feel free to contact me anytime.

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

Hey all,
I have been trying to set up lodging for us on Rainy Lake and I think I have it nailed down.
Woody's Fairly Reliable Guide Service and Resort will be able to host our entire event, dock space, lodging, weigh station, etc for all 30 members.
The resort is located almost in the middle of the lake which will make it perfect for a HQ. Woody is also considered THE BEST guide on Rainy and really wants to host this event. He will also be giving a seminar on Friday night for all involved.
For info on his resort, here is the link-
http://www.fairlyreliable.com/bnb.html
He has come up with a very good package rate for us. $100 total per angler for 3 nights lodging and full use of facilities. We're on our own for food, but Saturday's meal will be covered in the entry fee and there is a small pub-resturant right at the resort.
Here's the catch, I need to confirm with him VERY SOON and submit a deposit to hold our spot. So, we need everyone who is going to fish LETS this year, to make a comittment on this event.
Every other place I have contacted will run us almost $75 to $100 per night per person, or they do not have room for our group.
Woody loves the idea of a multi-species event and sounds like he is very eager to see this one become a success.
Post here or email me regarding this.
Thanks,
Tom

Other Lodging and HQ information is tenatively set for the following locations-
Lake Bemidji-
Lodging will be up to each individual team, you have the choice of many hotels-motels right on the water as well as the State Park on the North side of the lake, Cost will vary. The HQ will be at Diamond Point Park.

Lake Winni-
Winni has a large selection of Federal campsites on the east side in or near Cut-foot souix. Cost- $14-$16 per night. The only camp with electricity is the Winni Dam Campground. HQ will be at one of these campgrounds, I'll need tocheck them out to see which has the better shoreline.

West Battle- We will be camping at CD's place accross the road from the lake. Free camping here, but I would sugjest that we make a donation to cover electricity and maybe even rent a porta-bif. As far as the HQ goes, we will probably hold this at the park and beach in Battle Lake unless something else comes up.

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

[This message has been edited by GullGuide (edited 12-31-2002).]

I am thinking of doing this... just a couple questions after reading the rules...

1. what is the championship format and dates? how many teams make the championship - where will it be?
2. why is this limited to only 15 teams?
3. when is the deadline and are there openings remaining? What if you don't have 15 teams, how will that affect payout, etc.?

Just sent Woody an email explaining to him that we do not even have the league together as of yet, so waiting to hear back from him regarding the possibility of letting those of us who are ready to commit to send in our deposits and then it would be up to those who are dragging their feet to contact him themselves and make reservations. If he fills up with non-league members, then it will be up to the latecomers to find lodging elsewhere, be it another resort or campground. I'd rather stay at Woody's, besides, he has everything we need- Dock space, centrally located on the lake, electrical on the dock, restaurant, and a great looking resort besides.
All of you who are going to commit, contact me and we can all send in our deposit together and also so I can tell him how many are going to commit (as of now) as well.

I plan to join again - still need to line up my partner.

Woody's sounds like a good deal, but I can't figure out how the lodging is going to work based on his HSOforum. It looks like he has 4 cabins with a total of 11 beds. Can he confirm the # of beds? If he has some grass I would be willing to pay the $100 and put up a tent if I could still use a cabin's kitchen and bath.