• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3rd Annual Trout Day

SOme incentives to attend this years Trout Day.

If you attend you could win one of tha many free door prizes. Here is a few to tickle your fancy!lol

A full day guided trip on Lake Vermilion for MUskies/smallmouth with Terry "Ace" Sojberg,
A Day fishing for Trout on a lake to be named with Paul Rohwellar, A guided day on the Minnesota River with Dennis Steele, a trip on the St. Croix River with Turk Gierke, Trout fishing the Cuyuna Mine pits with Tom Herman,
Guided day stream fishing with John Eggers.....
A stay at ClementsonAccessOnRainyRiver's resort on the famous Rainy river, gear from the GAteway Store located near the shores of Lake Kabetogama and the list keeps on.

SO, why miss out on meeting new fishing buds,
learn something about SE MN streams and rivers, and a chance at a wonderful door prize??????

Jim

What day is it on? If it's a Sunday, I can probably make it. I've never been trout fishing myself.

Anybody headin' down there from the cities? Maybe we can carpool.

Do we need our own equipment?

E-mail me at [email protected]

Trout Day is on Saturday. I will be heading down from the cities on Friday but we have a full van of guys. Look for the group of 4 with two Dougs.

You should bring a fishing pole, either fly rod or bait cast. See ya there! Doug

All,

The first hour of the day will start with Minn AQUA activities for youth and adults. All are welcome for this.

I'll be looking for volunteers to assist Kathy from Minn Aqua, making her work that much easier.(Minn Aqua begins at 9:00am.)

Seminars will begin at 10:00am.

See you next Saturday!!!!

Jim W

All/chern,

Just look me up at the pavilion. I'll be the one with coffee in hand!

ALso, the park people won't arrive until 9, so for those coming early, you might have to return to get your daily pass(half off). I tried convincing them to open or get stuff going early, but it doesn't sound like it.

So those without youth can arrive between 9 and 10 if so decided.

See ya all Saturday!

Jim W

...weather looks pretty good for saturday!

(But this IS Minnesota, so it COULD be 5 degrees, with 40 below windchills by then!)
:P :P :P

So lets see..... things start at 9am, which means we have to LEAVE at 6am, which means we have to get up around 5am.... ohhhhhh, I'm rubbin' my eyes already! smile.gif
coffee, coffee, coffee

Joe's kid,

If you plan on fishing during the allotted fishng break, yes. If you plan on fishing after the event is over yes.

ALso, wading isn't a pre-requisite for trout fishing, but it can really come in handy.

Ladylikestofish:
DOn't go jinxing the weather now!!!lol

I get up at 5:00am everyday!!!

Jim W

Joe's Kid,

Depending on what stream you fish I guess. However , the majority of the South Branch(in the Park) is rock lined. You'll find sand and mud hear and there, but for the most part rock/rubble. A combination of I guess.
Changes year to year.

Felt bottoms are good anytime. Not suppose to rain so the banks should be dry.

Jim W

Thanks again, Jim.
See you Saturday, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.
By the way, if anyone planning on attending likes good BBQ, the best joint in the state (that I've found) is in Rochester. John Hardy's. It's on the frontage road of Hwy. 52 at the edge of a huge field of propane tanks. Get off at the 14th st. exit, and go south on the west side of the highway. I think you can get there from the 7th st. exit too. If you don't like their food, I'll be glad to finish it for you (:

Can't make Saturday's. Busy at church.

Hope you all had a great time! The weather was perfect for all y'all. (Hehe, such wonderful grammar I use.) Can't wait to see some pics posted!