• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd Annual Ice Fishing Show - Syracuse, 11-13 Dec 09

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting out of here at 4pm today to go home and do the g/f list and then I'm going to go down to the show. I'll be flying solo because I don't want to hear any whinning FemaleDog (girlfriend) or kids saying they are bored or no friends who are hungry and want to go eat or get home to their ladies. I like to browse and take my sweet arse time... LOL

I just got back from the show and had a good time.I got to meet John Marshall from Marcum, Scott(Maki)brauer nice meeting you guys cool.It was also nice to see Tyler,Bud,Jim and Lj,Jay,Tim, Dave C,Sammy and Nipsey good seeing you guys will see you on the ice soon smile

Things are going well at the show! Today was quite busy till mid afternoon, yesterday was good also. Hope for a good finnish tomorrow. Very nice seeing everyone and my stay at the AW house is fun as usual. Dont ask him to sing christmas carols though. cry

AW - Finally met Jason Mitchell cool guy. Fondled a couple of rods as well.. Win win!

Nathan - Fishman31 it was great to finally meet ya and thank you for purchasing the LX-5 for your Dad.

George - I have your LX-5 pick it up at the house tomorrow when you get out of work.

Kyle - Your VS 380 is here. I can bring it to work? Next week call Jon so he can get the new LX-5 out to you.

Tyler - I will be getting George's LX-3 tomorrow night..

Dark Cloud - I'm going to be talking to Jon about our package and our new toys, will also trying to get us some more clothing before it's gone. Jon appreciated having the rest of the week off before I start hammering him with emails a week from tomorrow. Jay - we had another good time hit Dinosaur with Jon, James and Jay on Friday night and Saturday night we hit Tully's and the food and company at both places was great.

Chris - Thank you for the ice hopper I'll be proudly displaying it at my in stores with Pride. Great seeing you and your son.

Maki - Scott awesome seeing you again and letting me rifle through your plastics and thanks for the cool shirt. Great meeting your family. Your a class guy and looking forward to more exciting plastic creations. I hope Luke enjoys the 825C.

I can tell you the best part of doing these shows is the opportunity to chat with my ice friends old and new. If at times talking to you I seemed lost or hard of hearing, my mind was going 100 mph and I apologize. I am whooped it's a lot of work but I think the show was a big hit for MarCum.

We almsot sold out of VX-1's and LX-3's, we had one of each left and just a few LX-5's. AT the end of the show a guy walked up while I was loading the car and of course it was about 20 min. after we closed and he thought we were open to 7 p.m. To make a long story short. He came for and FL-20 or and LX-5 he wanted to findout which was better. So here I am in the rain on side walk in front of the On Center and in about 1 min. I sold him on the LX-5.. I guess I should probably have lead with "Made in America" anyhow that's the first time I ever sold an LX-5 across from a parking lot. I made that guys day and he made mine.. Thank you Thorne Brothers for reverything I again enjoyed working with you, look forward to seeing you all next year..

Well that's enough for me on this this evening.. I don't want to write a book and if anyone by chance took some pics at the show feel free to share on this thread.. This show is starting to signify the start of a great ice season with you guys,can't wait.

Jay thank you so much for the plastic runners it will give me something to do while we wait for ice.

I'm out...

Thunder...if you didn't...I was going to laugh

Kirk...you of all people should know that you never say a man's name and the word meatstick in reference.

Timmy, good to hear you lived the dream again this year. Jason is a "Top Notch" person. I would like to go out to Dakota and fish with him and the "Perch Patrol". Those boys know how to put a hurtin' on some fish. Sammy would like you to get him a LX-5 when Jon's ears repair themselves from the echo of your voice and his eyes repaired from a visual of the elusive Timmy Knuckle whistle I will send you Sammy's email via yahoo.com. I will give you a shout this week or you call me. I want to get your version of the Show. I know you chatted with alot of people and probably really tired after a LOOOOONG weekend. Glad you had a great time.

Thunder...give me a shout tomorrow and I will fill you in on my preseason scouting. Things are starting to look real good at a few spots. Should be Sunday by the latest.

Hope everyone had a comfortable weekend at my crowded house.

Lee, I found your Aarron Rodgers gloves in my driveway. I will get them back next time I see you. If you want to Muzzleload this week...call me or email.

Finally got home about 11pm. It took a couple of hours to pack up the trailers then the guys from TB and Marcum talked me into joining them for dinner! We went to some place called the Lucky Lizard or the Salty Lizard or Something Lizard, I cant Remember Lizard??? Anyways it was great! Right on par with the Dinasour, big portions and good homemade food.

Hit some iffy roads on the way home so that slowed me down a tad.

Overall the show was great and it was great to see it grow a ton from last year. Met and chatted with way too many people to mention. The best part of the show is talking to people who are fired up about icefishing! Plus I got some awesome new toys for on the ice from TB and Versa, thanks Jon and Josh!

Picked up a jig from a friend that will probably send TimmyT into siezures!!! eek

Thanks AW for the roof and food. Tell Vanessa that stew was outstanding!!! BaitPucks were gone before I realized it but i'll check a store down here, they had a pile the other day.

Sniper - Clothing and hats were about wipped out from the show two weeks ago. A few hoodies were put under lock and key but no hats made it out here. Nice chatting with you this morning before you hunted, your a diehard! It was nasty cold and windy when I left...

Bud and Tyler - A few minutes after you guys bought those Quiversticks the last two were scarfed up! If you dont like them i'll eat yellow snow then puke it on Timmy!

Talk about rewording . . .no one caught this???

"AW - Finally met Jason Mitchell cool guy. Fondled a couple of rods as well.. Win win"

Doug, thanks for the hospitality this weekend. I may be slow but I get there . . .hmmm, maybe I shouldn't admit that. Lee I could have sworn you were there Friday night but it was Jay taking your place. Green clouds galore!!

Jaymon . . .the restaurant name . . it was the same as when you do a reach down . . .Limp Lizard.