• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kids Event-Spring

Here's an idea for Springtime worth hashing around -
A FishingMN event for kids up to 12.
My initial thoughts -
-CPR
-Lake or riverfront with a good pier/shoreline
-Consistently productive fishing location
**Need suggestions on that**
-Park-like environ for picnicking
-Barrier-free
-Modest entry fee to cover prizes like Gift cards to Cabellas, Gander, or Sportmart.
-Heck, I'd even be willing to solicit merchants for donations.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Here is a link to all the hanicapped accessible lakes. Hope it will help to show the lakes with easily accessed piers. I can only report on one that I have fished, Valley Lake Park. I've fished it in the winter and had action but all small crappies/sunnies, but not sure how the pier fishing is in the summer. Might be an option if the group size isn't too big, there is a playground close to the pier if the little guys get to antsy.

Jonesin,
Thanks - but the link didn't make it. I tried to find Valley Lake Park on the DNR Recreation Compass, but got zip. Could you please give me the town, county, or proper Lake name?

Oh yeah, I think all links have to go through the moderators.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

http://www.badf.org/Disabled_Hunters/outdoor/minnesota.html

Here is the link again - if it doesn't make it this time shoot me your email adress and I'll send it to you.

The lake is pretty small so I'm not sure if it has a formal name or is just know as 'Valley Lake'. I couldn't find it on the DNR HSOforum. It is in Apple Valley at the intersection of Galaxie Ave and 160th - just south of Co. Rd. 42.

I plan on fishing it over the next couple days - I'll chat up anyone else on the lake and see if they can tell me how the spring time fishing is.