• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rut behavior

Scoot

There are two really hotspots right now!

1. river bottoms, especially if there is cover and a food source near by. I've seen alot of big mid-day bucks stopping down to the water source for a drink on these hot days.

2. ridges, the top ridge lines of big woods especially if there is a food source on top. The big bucks are trolling these areas hard.

Get out there reguardless of temp, winds, ect. You can't kill a real buck sitting on your couch or computer!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the second rut looks to be happening went out tonight with the black powder and right at dark had a doe come out of the creek towards the corn field with a buck on her heals and everytime she tried to come up the hill to the corn he would cut her off and push her back into the swamp grass he was also making the buck roar constantly I have heard buck make lots of diffrent noises but this was a new one to me the closest thing it resembles is if you have ever heard a red stag during the rut that was the noise he was making had a 60 yard shot but could not tell how big he was so decided to pass.

Went out today brother jumped two deer off a bed while we did a short drive, I was on post the deer went out the other way. Never even seen them. Hope to get a shoot with a bow in the next few days. Sure would like to see a bit more snow on the ground. Good luck to the rest of you.

MK