• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro I.C.E. Tour

Hello everyone.
I am moving this thread into the Events Forum as well as the Metro Forum.. This is the smae deal that we did last year(for all those who attended). For those who didn't attend, this is in no way a contest, but rather a get together between friendly fisherman(only bragging rights on this forum are won).
It works like this: If you have a lake that you like to fish and you don't mind having a few people over for a good time, host an event. If you would rather just come to an event, by all means come!! It is a great time!
I for one am hosting an event on Clahoun. The date I origianlly had was the 5th of Jan., but heard that the date conflicted with the I.C.E. Series, so now it will be held on the 15TH OF JANUARY in front of the the boat launch on the NE side of the lake at 1pm. Just like last year we will be chasing Wally's. I also hope to see a few northern come out during the day.

EVENT #2
Will be hosted by Sportfishin.
This will be held on Jan 18th.
The place is Spring Lake Park on Minnetonka.
The time is all day. All other info on this event can be provided by Sportfishin.

If anyone wants to host an event or go give'r a post.

FM Metro Ice Get Together,

I will be the second to welcome & host a get together on the list. I didn't get to do this last year due poor ice conditions. But here it goes:

Date: Saturday January 18 2003
Time: All Day - Into Sunday(If to much Fun is Had )
(Locaton of my 8x12 Permanent shack will be determined closer to the date w\directions.)

Food: Deep fried Turkey & Beer battered Fish in the afternoon.

Fish: Pike,Sunnies,Crappie,& Walleye.

Hope to meet some of you at the first couple outings & at mine.

Later,
Chris

Yes that is correct. These are events for anybody to attend, no fees, and are based on the sole purpose of getting together to meet fellow anglers from FM & to put faces with names.

These will be non competitive events with the sole emphasis of having fun & to share our knowledge & love of the sport we all are so addicted to called "Ice Fishing."

Dreaming of "Ice"
Chris

I'm not all that good at "organizing" something.. but I would like to see an event in the Southern/Eastern metro on Prior, Spring, Bald Eagle, White Bear, Mairon, Phalen, or Elmo, etc..... Minnetonka espically is a very long ways from where I am located, and I'm sure there are numerous people who live in the St. Paul side that would be in the same situation. Just a thought...

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Crawlerman: These types of events are very easy to organize. All you do is name:
1. the meeting place (lake and specific area to meet). Good directions help.
2. the time to meet
3. show up with the others who decide to attend and have fun.

It's usually added fun to bring a grill and food (ask others to bring food as well).

It's easy smile.gif

Hmm... maybe.. I'll have to wait till I get a better idea of my work schedule too. Perhaps something later in the season, say Feburary... I need to afterall do some preliminary fishing of these lakes and then decide... if anyone would have suggestions on ones in that Area that would be good... I'm thinking Spring for my top pick as it has a lot of quality sized panfish in it; Altough I've never fished it through the ice. That or Bald Eagle... hmm.. have to think on it

Crawlerman,
I would be willing to co-host an event if you'd like. I am VERY familiar with Phalen and would host an event there. I too was thinking of late February but the season closes early this year and the last weekend of the season conflicts with the URL I.C.E. event. Maybe the 8th and 9th?

Spike-- that would work; altough Panfish are of course fishable year round. (the most sought after quarry over Ice for me...) I know Phalen is known for it's pike and a few eyes though... plenty of deep water to fish if you knew the holes. I wouldn't mind pulling up a few eyes up either. Only fished Phalen from shore a few times but have had decent luck for panfish and bass in the channel during the early season.

Ok; hows this Spike...

Lake: Phalen

Date: Sat Feb 8th

Me and Spike to host.

Species: just about everything fishable...

Time: I dunno.. whenever.. think of a time to meet there Spike and we can go from that. We still have plenty of time to discuss details.

As far as food N stuff goes... I don't have a grill; some one else would have to provide it. I wouldn't mind bringing fish and batter (likely store bought or recipie for corn crumb/flour batter...) I prefer pan fried over beer batter personally; and it's easier; but someone can bring beer batter too if they wish. Perhaps we can just eat some of what we catch? Nothing better than fresh..

Crawlerman,
That sounds great! I would suggest a start time around 2pm - that would provide a few hours to chase pike and then we could swith to eye hunting near dusk. I fish the lake a couple of times a week, so we'll wait to announce the meeting place until we have a better idea of what areas are producing fish. Perhaps you could join me on an exploratory outing in late January.

Sounds like a good idea; My work schedule rotates but it's allready made. I do have the 8th off grin.gif The last weekend in January I have off is the 18-19th; perhaps we can do the scouting then. As I said before I would also like to scout some spots for crappies, perch, and gills; being my primary target during the day as we watch tip-ups. My Email address is [email protected] if you'd rather further this conservation there.